More satellite images for SeeYou

Old October 14th 03, 08:49 PM
David Starer

Default More satellite images for SeeYou

The site now has new satellite images of Italy and Slovenia.

Download them, as well as the UK, the Alps, Germany & Surroundings, Spain &
Portugal, the Czech Republic and California & Nevada from www.starer.co.uk.

If anyone has requests for coverage of areas not yet available, please post
them here. I will treat the results as a vote and process images in order of
popularity. Meanwhile I will cover France, Belgium and the Netherlands next.

An item of news; it appears that public domain images dating from 2000
should be available soon from the NASA site. However it's not clear if these
will still be false colour or whether the resolution will be higher than the
1990 set that forms the raw material for the current images.

David Starer

Old October 14th 03, 08:56 PM
Nils Rostedt

"David Starer" wrote ..
If anyone has requests for coverage of areas not yet available, please

post
them here.

FINLAND!

....please.....;-)

/Nils

Old October 14th 03, 09:14 PM
Paul

New Zealand Please.
You are doing a great job with these David.
Its really appreciated.
Cheers
Paul

Old October 14th 03, 10:10 PM
Robert Danewid

Scandinavia and Finland

Robert

Old October 15th 03, 12:29 AM
Jim Kelly

Hi David,

The gliding season is just beginning in Australia!! Your wonderful
images would be a great help.

The region of mountainous country around the border of Victoria and
NSW is very popular for pilots in those states and would be great in
3d presentations (it includes Australia's highest peaks). These
mountains are frequently flown in the sector North and East from a
point about S37.5 E146.0, especially around the valleys of:
S36 44.0 E147 10.0 (Mt Beauty)
S36 43.2 E146 53.6 (Porepunkah)

The sector (North and) West of the above point is important too -
but is mostly flat country - would be great if you can include that
too, especially for International pilots who come for long distance
flights from Tocumwal (S35 48.6 E145 36.2), etc.

Others more familiar with gliding in the more Northern areas of the
East Coast of Australia will no doubt be adding their special
regions . . .

Oh, there are three gliding clubs based just West of Melbourne
(Bacchus Marsh S37 44.0 E144 25.3) which are important for training
and introducing new pilots to our sport. A patch that included
Melbourne city and the bay that it is built around, and to the West
say 300km would be very useful for attracting younger members to
participate.

Thanks from us Aussies for your splendid contributions David,

Kind regards,

Jim Kelly

Old October 15th 03, 02:03 AM
Ross Biggar

New Zealand Please!!!
Thanks David

Regards
Ross

"David Starer" wrote ..

Old October 15th 03, 03:52 PM
Michael Nyrup

If anyone has requests for coverage of areas not yet available, please
post
them here. I will treat the results as a vote and process images in order

of
popularity. Meanwhile I will cover France, Belgium and the Netherlands

next.

Hi David,
Great job!
Denmark - would be much appreciated.

/Nyrup

Old October 15th 03, 06:09 PM
David Starer

Yes it is.

David Starer

"Jose M. Alvarez" cofamco(a)cofamco.es wrote in message
Is spain available?

Old October 16th 03, 09:26 AM
Jose M. Alvarez

Where and how can I get it?