Little Dieter Needs To Fly

Old January 14th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

Default Little Dieter Needs To Fly

I just finished watching a documentary film called Little Dieter Needs
To Fly. It's the story of Dieter Dengler, a German boy who moved to
America to pursue his dream of flying. He became an American Navy
pilot, was sent to Vietnam, was shot down over Laos and became a POW.
He managed to escape and eventually was rescued. It's an amazing
story of survival, and Dieter's candor about his experiences and
feelings is really remarkable.

It's directed by Werner Herzog, a really talented German film maker.
He also directed the film Rescue Dawn, which tells the story of Dieter
Dengler as a dramatic film. If you have a Netflix membership, you can
watch the documentary online.

Phil
Old January 14th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:28:46 -0800 (PST), Phil J wrote:

He also directed the film Rescue Dawn

Funny you should mention that... I just watched Rescuse Dawn last weekend
from Netflix. I thought it was an above average movie, my wife not so
much.

--
Dallas
Old January 15th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

On Jan 13, 9:17*pm, Dallas wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:28:46 -0800 (PST), Phil J wrote:
He also directed the film Rescue Dawn

Funny you should mention that... * I just watched Rescuse Dawn last weekend
from Netflix. * I thought it was an above average movie, my wife not so
much.

--
Dallas

After watching the documentary, I can understand why she didn't care
for it. Dieter went through some brutal treatment. The amazing thing
was, he didn't seem bitter or hateful about it. At one point after
describing some of the torture he endured, he sort of chuckled and
said, "They were always thinking of things to do to me." He was a
remarkable man.

Phil