B747 Loses All 4 Generators Due To Clogged Sink In 1st Class Galley

Old January 11th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default B747 Loses All 4 Generators Due To Clogged Sink In 1st Class Galley

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:11:35 -0600, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote in
:

You really ought to know that there isn't a mainstream news server on
the planet that still accepts cancel commands.

You ought to know that AT&T Worldnet honors cancel commands. Given
that they were the backbone for arpanet/usenet in the '80s, I'd
characterize them as mainstream.
Old January 11th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:11:35 -0600, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote in
:

You really ought to know that there isn't a mainstream news server on
the planet that still accepts cancel commands.

You ought to know that AT&T Worldnet honors cancel commands. Given
that they were the backbone for arpanet/usenet in the '80s, I'd
characterize them as mainstream.

You have a cite for that? Because if it is true I can set up a script
that will do a lot of good for the rec.aviation community.
Old January 11th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:

You ought to know that AT&T Worldnet honors cancel commands. Given
that they were the backbone for arpanet/usenet in the '80s, I'd
characterize them as mainstream.

That still exists? Wow!

I would have thought it would have been moved to the SBC / Yahoo
conglomerate ages ago.

Remember, it's at&t, not AT&T. G
Old January 11th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:35:04 -0600, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:11:35 -0600, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote in
:

You really ought to know that there isn't a mainstream news server on
the planet that still accepts cancel commands.

You ought to know that AT&T Worldnet honors cancel commands. Given
that they were the backbone for arpanet/usenet in the '80s, I'd
characterize them as mainstream.

You have a cite for that? Because if it is true I can set up a script
that will do a lot of good for the rec.aviation community.

In addition to being ineffective on nntp servers that do not honor
cancels, you may find that script to be a violation of Supernews'
Terms Of Use Agreement.

In addition to that, you wouldn't attempt to deny someone's right to
free speech would you? Ultimately such vandalism will only escalate
the issue.

Old January 11th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote in news:13of6g7ja6nqle9
@news.supernews.com:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:11:35 -0600, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote in
:

You really ought to know that there isn't a mainstream news server on
the planet that still accepts cancel commands.

You ought to know that AT&T Worldnet honors cancel commands. Given
that they were the backbone for arpanet/usenet in the '80s, I'd
characterize them as mainstream.

You have a cite for that? Because if it is true I can set up a script
that will do a lot of good for the rec.aviation community.

You're thinking of a cancelbot?

This I gotta see.

Bertie
Old January 11th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Huber[_2_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

You really ought to know that there isn't a mainstream news server on
the planet that still accepts cancel commands.

Well, news.t-online.de honors cancel commands, and it's the news server of
Germany's biggest ISP, and since Germany is to the best of my knowledge on
the planet you are speaking of, that would qualify it as mainstream.

Old January 11th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

of course it is ineffective you git. That's the whole ****ing point.

Old January 11th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Michael Huber wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

You really ought to know that there isn't a mainstream news server on
the planet that still accepts cancel commands.

Well, news.t-online.de honors cancel commands, and it's the news server of
Germany's biggest ISP, and since Germany is to the best of my knowledge on
the planet you are speaking of, that would qualify it as mainstream.

Some accept them from their own users but none accept them from other
servers so they are useless.

As a test I sent one one the message where I started this thread. Let me
know if it gets canceled on news.t-online.de.
Old January 11th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 11, 10:38 am, B A R R Y wrote:
Larry Dighera wrote:

You ought to know that AT&T Worldnet honors cancel commands. Given
that they were the backbone for arpanet/usenet in the '80s, I'd
characterize them as mainstream.

That still exists? Wow!

I would have thought it would have been moved to the SBC / Yahoo
conglomerate ages ago.

Remember, it's at&t, not AT&T. G

Nah- remember the computers in Terminator 3 at Crystal Peak- those
were them.

They're tended by the robot from Lost in Space BTW. Or Brad Guth,
same thing.
Old January 11th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:15:16 +0000, Larry Dighera wrote:

Given that
they were the backbone for arpanet/usenet in the '80s, I'd characterize
them as mainstream.

I thought Level3 owned the old BBN ASN now.

- Andrew