Wanted: VFR Safety Pilot near Milwaukee, WI - Cheap flying for you

Old September 11th 04, 01:50 AM
Paul Folbrecht

Default Wanted: VFR Safety Pilot near Milwaukee, WI - Cheap flying for you

I'm an instrument student looking for another pilot to fly with to allow
me to log sim instrument time. You could be another instrument student
or possibly just someone looking to build XC time.

I own a '79 Cessna 152 based at MWC (Timmerman) and I will charge my
co-pilot nothing more than 1/2 operating costs for use of the aircraft
with me - $10/hr.

I'm a pretty nice guy and have no serious personal hygene issues.

I can be contacted at paul dot folbrecht at veribox dot net.
Old September 11th 04, 01:59 AM
John R. Copeland

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message =
news
=20
I own a '79 Cessna 152 based at MWC (Timmerman) and I will charge my=20
co-pilot nothing more than 1/2 operating costs for use of the aircraft =

=20

Let us know if you find anyone agreeing to those terms. :-(
---JRC---

Old September 11th 04, 02:33 AM
Joe Johnson

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
news
I'm a pretty nice guy and have no serious personal hygene issues.

....only a not-so-serious spelling issue (hygiene) grin

Old September 11th 04, 03:05 AM
Paul Folbrecht

If you're a fellow IR student you get to log 1/2 the time under the hood
yourself, of course - guess forgetting to mention that wasn't too smart.

Old September 12th 04, 06:17 AM
NW_PILOT

Go to your local FBO I bet someone there will take you up on that offer if
the airplane is airworthy.

Old September 12th 04, 10:00 PM
Andrew Gideon

NW_PILOT wrote:

Go to your local FBO I bet someone there will take you up on that offer if
the airplane is airworthy.

Yes, but be sure the other pilot is covered by your insurance.

- Andrew

Old September 13th 04, 03:03 PM
Dave Butler

Where I live it's customary for the safety pilot to fly for free. Flying as
safety pilot is viewed as doing a friendly favor for the pilot under the hood. I
wouldn't jump at a chance to pay someone for doing them a favor. Dave

Old September 13th 04, 03:39 PM
Newps

Paul Folbrecht wrote:

I'm an instrument student looking for another pilot to fly with to
allow me to log sim instrument time. You could be another instrument
student or possibly just someone looking to build XC time.

I own a '79 Cessna 152 based at MWC (Timmerman) and I will charge my
co-pilot nothing more than 1/2 operating costs for use of the aircraft
with me - $10/hr.

Ah, no. Safety pilots fly for nuthin'

Old September 16th 04, 03:25 AM
Paul Folbrecht

I guess you guys missed my follow-up post: my idea was *trading off*
time as safety pilot for each other. Yes, of course, if the other guy
had no interest in logging sim time at all and was just there for me, he
would not be charged. Sheesh.

And, yes, I have posted signs in FBOs, and I have had interest.