Trying to identify a WWII era navy plane

Old January 21st 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
toodi4

Default Trying to identify a WWII era navy plane

Can someone tell me what plane this is? I've tried viewing some
aviation web sites, but I can't seem to positively identify it.

http://www.zylink.net/images/img089.jpg

Thanks!
Old January 21st 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mark Sieving

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:13:30 -0800 (PST), toodi4
wrote:

Can someone tell me what plane this is? I've tried viewing some
aviation web sites, but I can't seem to positively identify it.

http://www.zylink.net/images/img089.jpg

Pretty sure it's a North American SNJ , the Navy version of the AT-6.

See http://www.warbirdalley.com/t6pic.htm

Old January 21st 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Don McIntyre

On Jan 20, 5:13 pm, toodi4 wrote:
Can someone tell me what plane this is? I've tried viewing some
aviation web sites, but I can't seem to positively identify it.

http://www.zylink.net/images/img089.jpg

Thanks!

It's either an SNJ-5 or -6 (can't read the last digit of the
designator, and the BuNo isn't clear enough for me to read, either).
Did a Google Image search and came up with 320 hits for SNJ-6.

http://www.google.com/images?as_st=y...=Search+Images

If you want to compare it to an SNJ-5 just change the search terms at
the top of the page.
Old January 25th 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Tiger

toodi4 wrote:
Can someone tell me what plane this is? I've tried viewing some
aviation web sites, but I can't seem to positively identify it.

http://www.zylink.net/images/img089.jpg

Thanks!

Easy one, It's a SNJ. The Navy designation for the AT-6 Texan trainer.
Bulit by North American Aviation.

Old January 25th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
cavalamb himself

Tiger wrote:
toodi4 wrote:

Can someone tell me what plane this is? I've tried viewing some
aviation web sites, but I can't seem to positively identify it.

http://www.zylink.net/images/img089.jpg

Thanks!

Easy one, It's a SNJ. The Navy designation for the AT-6 Texan trainer.
Bulit by North American Aviation.

I think the Navy called them SNJ?

But the rest of teh work\ld knows it as the North American AT-6.