Pegasus AD

Old April 24th 05, 12:07 AM

Default Pegasus AD

Anyone out there planning to order new aileron/elevator hinge pins from
Centrair to comply with the latest Pegasus AD? Maybe we could pool our
orders.

BravoNiner

Old April 24th 05, 01:18 AM
Doug

I'm interested, but we might as well order the rudder pedals at the same
time for the AD 2005-08-12 that is also coming out.

oups.com...

Old April 24th 05, 03:09 AM
Douglas Cline

Doug:
Please will you point me to where I can find information on the impending
rudder pedal AD that you quote. My aileron and elevator pins still are
original from 1985 when my Pegasus 101A 0202 was built. The French AD
2001-247A states that the problem only applies to serial numbers between
101A 0600 and 101A 0637 or those cases where replacement pins were sold by
Centrair between 20 Feb 1995 and 28 Feb 2001.
Best regards
Doug

"Doug" wrote in message
I'm interested, but we might as well order the rudder pedals at the same
time for the AD 2005-08-12 that is also coming out.

oups.com...

Old April 24th 05, 05:18 AM
Dave

Looks like the nasty white paper from the feds made it to everyone's
house today. If what Douglas mentions is true, then I don't have to
order the pins either (B #218). In searching the FAA site for more
information, I did see the impending rudder pedal replacement.
What's up with that?

Dave

Old April 24th 05, 05:37 AM
Jim Phoenix

You can read the AD online he www.faa.gov

Click on the "Quick Find" search box drop down menu, select Airworthiness
Directives. When the AD page opens, click on New ADs (Last 60 days) on the
navigation bar on the left.

You'll see both AD's there as well as a new DG800 AD.

Jim

"Doug" wrote in message
I'm interested, but we might as well order the rudder pedals at the same
time for the AD 2005-08-12 that is also coming out.

oups.com...

Old April 24th 05, 06:29 AM
Dave

Thanks Jim -- I found it.

Anyone have a clue as to where the break in the rudder pedal occurs or
where the re-enforcement in the rudder pedal is?

Put me on any list of owners who want to get a group order for the
pedals.

Dave Wood

Old April 24th 05, 07:18 PM
Dave

Thanks Jim -- I was able to find it.

Has anyone heard of instances of pedal breakage with the fleet in the
US? It seems it would be an easy deal to have the welds checked and
redone locally.

Please include me in any group purchase.

Thanks,

Dave Wood

Old April 24th 05, 07:38 PM

The US AD indicates the French AD "also addresses the subject," but
goes on to specifically state that "all serial numbers" are "affected
by this AD."

We may need to get a clarification from Nancy Lane.

BarvoNiner

Old April 24th 05, 11:56 PM
Doug

Doug,

Sorry I forgot to add the link to the pedal AD. Looks like Jim got it for
you, though. Too bad we didn't get these AD's before the season started!
And we just put on new mylar at the end of last season.

I read the AD for the pins as all serial numbers, not just 600-637 as in the
French AD. My glider is 101A 0204 so a clarification would be nice.

Cheers,
Doug

"Doug" wrote in message
I'm interested, but we might as well order the rudder pedals at the same
time for the AD 2005-08-12 that is also coming out.

oups.com...

Old August 29th 05, 12:03 AM
Doug

We just had the pedals installed for the Pegasus AD and find they are a very
poor fit compared to the old ones. The pair we received have several major
changes that render them almost useless to our larger than size 6 shoes.
The top horizontal footrest bars are about 13mm (1/2 inch) shorter in width
than the old ones.
The "S" tubing for the cables sticks out at the top with a bell shaped
flange catching the sides of our shoes.
The "S" tubing is also not nearly angled out from the pedal on the bottom
curve, making it impossible to get my US size 10 shoes to fit in any normal
way. In fact I can't even get my shoes to lie flat on the pedals.

Are others having this problem or were your sets of pedals identical, except
for the reinforcement, to the old ones?

Thanks,
Doug

"Doug" wrote in message
I'm interested, but we might as well order the rudder pedals at the same
time for the AD 2005-08-12 that is also coming out.

oups.com...