Insurance

Old February 22nd 04, 01:48 AM
Jeff Bucchino

Default Insurance

As I'm winding down my IFR lessons and will also be renewing my renter's
insurance policy in a few months, should my premium be lower? Do you folks
get a break by having an additional rating?
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic

Old February 22nd 04, 02:42 AM
Bob Gardner

You should definitely see a reduction in premiums when you get your
instrument rating. IMHO it is the most valuable rating you can get from an
insurance standpoint.

Bob Gardner

Old February 22nd 04, 03:21 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Jeff Bucchino wrote:
As I'm winding down my IFR lessons and will also be renewing my renter's
insurance policy in a few months, should my premium be lower?

When I was getting quotes as an owner the break for an instrument rating
was about 10%. Another 10% for having 250tt, and about 10% for hangaring.
The rates I got as a renter through AOPA seemed pretty static.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old February 22nd 04, 01:30 PM
lardsoup

Avemco offers a 10 percent reduction in the renters policy if you add an
additional rating (or some sort of advanced training) and complete the King
risk management course. The couse cost $50 and the reduction was $80. Not
much but, $30 bucks is $30 bucks. I'm hoping to be allowed to reuse the
same CD course every year.

Old February 22nd 04, 04:08 PM
Barry

Avemco offers a 10 percent reduction in the renters policy if you add an
additional rating (or some sort of advanced training) and complete the King
risk management course. The couse cost $50 and the reduction was $80. Not
much but, $30 bucks is $30 bucks. I'm hoping to be allowed to reuse the
same CD course every year.

My guess is they'll make you buy a new CD every year. Our flying club is
insured with Avemco and looked into this. To get the discount, each club
pilot would have to purchase his own copy of the CD. I see it mainly as a
sales tool for King.

Barry

Newbie Qs: Engines and insurance Home Built 10 January 6th 05 11:17 PM
insurance Ray Home Built 6 September 4th 04 07:13 PM
Insurance rates [email protected] Home Built 0 January 14th 04 03:36 PM
Builder's Insurance Suggestions Evan Carew Home Built 12 October 9th 03 06:53 AM
Medical and Insurance? Ken Sandyeggo Home Built 15 August 11th 03 11:54 PM