Please Identify these Wheels/Brakes

Old March 11th 04, 02:22 PM
moby

Default Please Identify these Wheels/Brakes

I have a Pitts S1-C homebuilt from 1973 and the wheels and brakes do not
have any markings on them, I need to get some replacement shoes. Someone
told me they are Rosenhan but I cant find any parts for those. Pictures at
http://justin.is3.org/brakes

TIA for your help!

Old March 11th 04, 07:15 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, "moby" wrote:

I have a Pitts S1-C homebuilt from 1973 and the wheels and brakes do not
have any markings on them, I need to get some replacement shoes. Someone
told me they are Rosenhan but I cant find any parts for those. Pictures at
http://justin.is3.org/brakes

Yup, old (waaaay pre-MATCO) Rosenhan. Also used on HP-14 sailplane. I
have one full wheel/brake set in stock. I think the shoes are a
Rosenhan special.

Your best bets are probably:

* Call MATCO and see if they got any of the old drum brake parts when
they took over the Rosenhan operation.

* Send the shoes out for relining. My recommendation would be Vintage
Brake in Sonora, CA (http://www.vintagebrake.com).

And, by the way, I've been told that the rebuild kit for the wheel
cylinder is NAPA Auto Parts wheel brake kit #127. That kit contains
the rubber cups that fit the wheel cylinder.

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com
Old March 12th 04, 01:11 AM
moby

Thanks Bob! You are by far the most help I have had so far! What would your
full set be worth?

Thanks again..

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
om...

Old March 12th 04, 03:55 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, "moby" wrote:

Thanks Bob! You are by far the most
help I have had so far! What would your
full set be worth?

I figure about $100. But remember, it's only one wheel's worth - In
the glider world, that's a full set...

Thanks, and best regards

Bob K.
Old March 12th 04, 08:47 PM
moby

Ohh, I didnt know that. How difficult would it be for me to upgrade to
clevelands? Do I have the right axles?