This is what the D-Day was for...

Old June 2nd 04, 07:51 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 00:03:49 +0200, Skysurfer wrote:

HECTOP wrote :

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
I'll have to do some checking. Would this be the first time the
French have managed to shoot down any plane, anywhere? :-)

The French Government announced today that in light of the Madrid
bombing, France has raised its terror alert level from "run" to
"hide." The only two higher levels in France are "surrender" and
"collaborate."

One (between others) thing France has managed to do :
http://www.specialoperations.com/Cou...rism/gign.html

Mad because the French surrender to Al-Q isn't working out,
aren't you.

Al Minyard
Old June 2nd 04, 07:57 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:11:42 +0200, Skysurfer wrote:

AES/newspost wrote :

The French would obviously have much preferred to keep on doing
lucrative business deals [1] with the, shall we say,
"pre-terrorist" state that Iraq was prior to our "ill-considered
efforts" [2].

[1] Lucrative for French businesses and French politicians, as I
think we now are aware.

"No more persuasive is the widely voiced (in the U.S.) argument that
the French were defending wide-reaching and profitable commercial
relationships with Saddam's regime. The truth is that France enjoyed
minor economic ties with Saddam. Under the United Nations'
now-defunct Oil for Food program with Saddam's Iraq, the French were
only the 13th-largest participant. The U.S. under that program
bought more than 50 percent of Iraq's total oil exports, the French
8 percent."

See :

"The French Were Right" (The National Journal)
http://nationaljournal.com/about/njw...03/1107nj1.htm

They were talking about LEGAL dealings, not the illegal deals struck
by Elf, Cretian, etc. The French were criminally involved in supporting
Saddam, and they WILL pay.

Al Minyard
Old June 2nd 04, 07:59 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:17:54 +0200, Skysurfer wrote:

Bob Fry wrote :

Skysurfer writes:

One (between others) thing France has managed to do :
http://www.specialoperations.com/Cou...rism/gign.html

And another thing the French managed to do recently is avoid
helping to create another terrorist state in the Middle East.

"France was the only country, other than the United States, to
conduct air strikes against the Taliban in Afghanistan, with their
Mirage jets and Super Etenard fighters hitting more than 30 targets
during Operation Anaconda in March 2002. The French enthusiastically
backed the Afghanistan war, breaking with Washington only on the
Iraq question."

See : "The French Were Right" (The National Journal)
http://nationaljournal.com/about/njw...03/1107nj1.htm

WOW, thirty whole targets. That is one air strike for the USN/USAF.
Does the term "duplicitous" mean anything to you?????

Al Minyard
Old June 2nd 04, 10:58 PM
Newps

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:31:07 GMT, "Michael 182"
wrote:

Unintentional but true. This was a war not worth fighting or even
winning.

I think I'm going to be sick...

What did you expect, our friend here is a well known australian neo nazi.

Not that well known. Never heard of her.

Old June 2nd 04, 11:54 PM
The Enlightenment

"Michael 182" wrote in message news:Kwlvc.41294$Ly.16031@attbi_s01...
"The Enlightenment" wrote in message
om...
David Reinhart wrote in message

And the veterans who landed are going to be excluded from visiting the
invasion beaches because of the security. The politicians should stay
home and let the vets have their day.

Almost half a million won't be here next year.

That sounds fair. The European derived races will be halved in less
than 50 years thanks to their victory.

Unintentional but true. This was a war not worth fighting or even
winning.

I think I'm going to be sick...

So you should be. The victory was at the very best wasted in
subsequent years unfortuntely so therefore were all the sacrifices.
Those d-day soldiers (4 of june not 6th as I recall) won't have any
descendents: whites will be a disempowered and possibly despised
minority in most of the west within 50 years, they will almost
certainly still be paying the costs and debilitations of affirmitive
action, they will be demographicaly, culturaly and genetically
effectively non existent in 100 but most certainly "Kurdified": unable
to determin even what their children are taught.

Is that why any of our fathers died? Not from the vets I've spoken
to.

************************

The men of Britain who died in the event known as D-Day risked their
lives
for one simple reason.
Which was:
-----------------------------
To preserve from foreign domination an intensely law-abiding land
whose
people had a strong sense of unity and identity.
These men were willing to die because of a patriotism arising from the
qualities of the land and its people - and also a history of the land
and
its people they all knew about and felt proud about.
-----------------------------
The tenacity and endurance of soldiers and civilians alike, at that
time,
attests to the pride and morale the identification with their country
generated.
Those who took part in the D-Day event and its immediate aftermath had
no
other reasons in their mind but that stated above.
The ideas about saving "persecuted minorities" was one which arose
some
years after the war and was something which they, at the time of
D-Day,
would not have recognised.
-----------------------------
The details of one such person involved in the D-Day landing was given
in
the Daily Telegraph, of Monday May 31st.
It told of Corporal Sidney Bates who, on the 6th August 1944, took up
machine gun and - through a hail of bullets - attacked an enemy
entrenchment
to save his comrades from possible annihilation.
He was seriously wounded three times in the process and died two days
later - at the age of twenty-three.
He was awarded a posthumous VC for selfless action involving
extraordinary
gallantry.
He is buried at Bayeux war cemetery and the inscription on his grave
reads:
"His parents proudly remember him as a true Camberwell boy and a
loving
son."
His parents offered this inscription with the modesty usual at that
time.
What his parents could have rightly added was:
"He died to preserve the people, place and country he knew and loved
so
well; and for which he willingly laid down his life."
--------------------------------------
The Camberwell of today, he would not know.
It is certainly not the one he died to preserve.
The Camberwell Website has a "Local Heroes" section which makes no
mention
of Sidney Bates, VC.
However, it does mention that Jeremy Bowen - who is often seen around
Denmark Hill with his shirt unbuttoned to his waist - has become a
"Gay
Icon" in many magazines who cater for that "community".
Other Camberwell "Communities" mentioned a
The Asian Women's Association.
The African Residents Support Group.
The Bengali Community.
The Black Elderly Group.
(There is no mention of any group which would have - for instance -
been
there particularly to support people like Corporal Bates's parents.)
--------------------------------------
A News Item mentioned the area around Camberwell Station is now a
crime
hotspot and a raid in that area - involving over 90 officers -
recently
became necessary.
--------------------------------------
A nation wide survey conducted by the Sunday Telegraph - directed at
school
children between the ages of 10-14 - indicates that only 28% of them
knew
what D-Day was.
(They most certainly would not know about the Corporal Bates; whom -
it
seems - even Camberwell has now forgotten.)
--------------------------------------
Did Corporal Sidney Bates die for all this?
And was his parents' proud anguish and the pride in the Camberwell
which
nurtured him worthwhile?
-------------------------------------
Why have we made the proud and peaceful places those like Sidney Bates
fought for so alien and crime-ridden they would not know these places
as the
ones they wished to preserve?
Are we, and what we have made of the places they knew, worth their
deaths?
Would those like Corporal Sidney Bates think we are not?
Why have we betrayed the dead of D-Day?
*************************************
Old June 3rd 04, 12:05 AM
The Enlightenment

wrote:

Unintentional but true. This was a war not worth fighting or even
winning.

I think I'm going to be sick...

What did you expect, our friend here is a well known australian neo nazi.

greg

I prefer the term heretic.

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Clearly you are offended by what I've said. Is the offense so great
because what I've argued has at least the element of truth that you
feel unable to deal with except with ad hominem?

I stand by what I've said. That victory has been wasted and those
traitors and idiots on the celebration dias are a representation of
the *******s that did it.
Old June 3rd 04, 01:53 AM
David Reinhart

I saw it on CNN's Web site weeks ago. You can try a search.

Dave Reinhart

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article,
said:
And the veterans who landed are going to be excluded from visiting the
invasion beaches because of the security. The politicians should stay

Can you point me to a cite for that? I can't find it on any of the
reputable news sources - or even Fox.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/

Old June 3rd 04, 02:22 AM
David Reinhart

Here's a link:
http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ne...beaches.ht ml

If you didn't win the lottery, you can't go.

Dave Reinhart

Old June 3rd 04, 02:35 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
I saw it on CNN's Web site weeks ago. You can try a search.

I did before I asked for the cite. That's why I said "I can't find it
on any reputable news source".

On the other hand,
http://www.thisisbath.com/displayNod...entPK=10144628
contains a description of a ceremony:

The trip will involve a service at sea, followed by a flypast by the RAF
memorial fleet in the Channel as the boat nears the beaches.

As the boat arrives on the coast, the RAF military bomber fleet will
release thousands of poppies.

The group will then go to Bayeux where there will be an additional service
at the cemetery.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
Old June 3rd 04, 06:25 AM
Blanche

Killfile.