Tire inflation pressure

Old November 12th 03, 01:34 AM
Del Rawlins

On 11 Nov 2003 11:13 AM, .Barnyard BOb. posted the following:

As usual, you and Ron respond with light hearted
mirth and merriment. Seems neither of you are losing
sleep over being sued using you real names any more
than I am. Some days ya just gotta get out of bed
and take a chance on 'intercoursing' via usenet.

It is significant to note, that Ron, Chuck, and the others were sued by
a crackpot who didn't have the financial ability to pursue the action.
In addition, they got free legal representation from a skilled lawyer
who lived in the plaintiff's state of residence. If Campbell had the
wherewithal to have seen it through properly, and if Tony P. had not
been available to defend against it, it could have gotten real ugly for
those involved. As you well know, BWB has pointed out in the past that
something like that could get really expensive with travel and lawyers
and all, just to keep somebody from getting a default judgement which
could haunt you.

It's strange that some here think absolutely nothing of
risking there arses in some pretty weird flying contraptions,
while others are totally petrified for anyone to know who
they are on the Net. Talk about screwed up priorities.

My response, is if you do not have enough faith in the information you
are posting to be willing to use your own name and expose yourself to
potential litigation (however unlikely), why should I bet my life on
that information by incorporating it into my homebuilt project? In
other words, don't bother posting it if you yourself do not have the
confidence in it to sign your real name.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old November 12th 03, 03:19 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , .Barnyard BOb. says...

As usual, you and Ron respond with light hearted
mirth and merriment. Seems neither of you are losing
sleep over being sued using you real names any more
than I am. Some days ya just gotta get out of bed
and take a chance on 'intercoursing' via usenet.

I always figured if ya don't lie and ya got nothing to hide why not use your own
name. I don't lose sleep over zoom or his toady jaun .

It's strange that some here think absolutely nothing of
risking there arses in some pretty weird flying contraptions,

I guess I'm kinda guilty of that one ,ya should have seen some of my early hang
gliders . But unlike jaun I had the testicular fortitude to fly them first and
test them. After a broken arm,broken hand,fractured ankle,compressed vertebra
and numerous sprains ,bumps and bangs some of them actually flew pretty good :-)
But I always used my own name and took credit/responsibly for how they
performed.

mwhile others are totally petrified for anyone to know who
they are on the Net. Talk about screwed up priorities.

Go figure.

Since I'm basically a quiet, soft spoken, shy kinda guy it took a while for me
to get used to the fact that people on the net knew who I was. LOL!! But one
thing I'll say is that I don't have one personality on the net and another in
real life .As Tony used to say "one personality is enough" and I would get
confused if I had to be Chuck the good at Air Shows and Chuck the bad on the
net. Some people are so paranoid about their private names I bet they don't even
look in the mirror so as not to give themselves away.

I'm afraid I have no respect for anyone who signs themselves anon or uses a
phony name. What they have to say doesn'y carry any weight with me. If a person
doesn't have the courage of their convections to use their name they're either
ashamed of what they have to say or lying.
Just my humble opinion but I'll sign my name to it...

See ya Unk

Nefoo Chuck

Cheerio,
Unka BOb -
1. 25 psi per RV3 tyre
2. 150 horsepower under the bonnet

Old November 12th 03, 04:27 AM
Ben Sego

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:00:06 -0600, .Barnyard BOb. wrote:

I personally know a goodly number of the 15...
and they are still using their names on the net.
Last I knew, neither Chuck nor Ron are hiding
under their RAH beds.

I'm too large to fit under most beds. :-)

Ron "And the closet is too obvious a place to look" Wanttaja

You still fit in a Flybaby, don't you? This is important, I'm thinking
of getting a set of plans.

B.S.

Old November 12th 03, 04:31 AM
Ben Sego

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
As Tony used to say "one personality is enough" and I would get
confused if I had to be Chuck the good at Air Shows and Chuck the bad on the
net.

But "Chuck the Bad" does have a nice cadence, doesn't it?

B.S.

Old November 12th 03, 08:53 AM
.Barnyard BOb.

It's strange that some here think absolutely nothing of
risking there arses in some pretty weird flying contraptions,
while others are totally petrified for anyone to know who
they are on the Net. Talk about screwed up priorities.

My response, is if you do not have enough faith in the information you
are posting to be willing to use your own name and expose yourself to
potential litigation (however unlikely), why should I bet my life on
that information by incorporating it into my homebuilt project? In
other words, don't bother posting it if you yourself do not have the
confidence in it to sign your real name.

Del Rawlins-

Gimmee a break.
Even knowing my name...
would you bet your life on anything anybody sez here?

You got the rag on, DEL?
My confidence, name and life have never been a secret here,
but...you TECHNICALLY have a point, albeit a very small one.

I was going to say you are the only one who doesn't
know who I am, but there probably are a few others that
don't know who I am.... mostly WANNBEES or folks
that plain don't care. Like you until now?

I use to use my real name here all the time. Can't you
recall? Seems that the "Barnyard" thing has crept in
over time from the original Bob Urban, then Bob U,
the Unka Bob, etcetera. Don't you recall any of this
over the years or do you have selective memory?

FWIW....
Chuck knows me as well as Ron and Bad Water Bill.
Do you take issue with the BWB moniker since he
doesn't post his name with every post? You could
ask any of these three any time you gave a ****.
Then there is Jerry Springer, Rich S and on and on.
How about John Ousterhout and my mug plastered
on his web site or my Fly Baby posted on Ron
Wanttaja's web site? How about John Johnson,
Snowbird or Tommy Cooper or Dave Hyde? The
list is long since I've been here a goodly number
of years. I've been eyeball to eyeball with most
all the RAH regulars at any number of fly-ins...
especially the annual Pinckneyville fly-in.

Outside of these everyday sources, how hard is
it to find a 65 year old RV-3 certified commercial
pilot/owner living in the vicinity of Kansas City
and on the Dennis Fetter's Mini-500 **** list?

If worse comes to worse and you want to know
of me, you could ask Jaun or even Zoom...
or heavens to mergatroid.... ASK ME !!!!!!!

NOBODY is more accessible than I am
and that includes my credentials available
on the FAA data base. I never opted out
and have been criticized here in RAH for
not doing so.

I'm beginning to wonder if you can find your
own ass with your hand in your back pocket
or just have an ax to grind.

Sheesh.

Barnyard BOb -
Old November 12th 03, 11:12 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , .Barnyard BOb. says...

I use to use my real name here all the time. Can't you
recall? Seems that the "Barnyard" thing has crept in
over time from the original Bob Urban, then Bob U,
the Unka Bob, etcetera. Don't you recall any of this
over the years or do you have selective memory?

I'll vouch for ya Unka Bob since I'm partially guilty for the steady creep from
Bob Urban to all of the above "stage" names. Although I've "never" done it
myself I don't see a problem with someone using a "stage" nameon the net
especially when their real name is on the header or their info is available on
line.

See ya
el Pollo Loco

Old November 12th 03, 03:38 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

On 12 Nov 2003 03:12:01 -0800, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

In article , .Barnyard BOb. says...

I use to use my real name here all the time. Can't you
recall? Seems that the "Barnyard" thing has crept in
over time from the original Bob Urban, then Bob U,
the Unka Bob, etcetera. Don't you recall any of this
over the years or do you have selective memory?

I'll vouch for ya Unka Bob since I'm partially guilty for the steady creep from
Bob Urban to all of the above "stage" names. Although I've "never" done it
myself I don't see a problem with someone using a "stage" nameon the net
especially when their real name is on the header or their info is available on
line.

See ya
el Pollo Loco

Thanks, Chuck.

Before I catch flack about my munged email address...
You can thank the endless stream of spammers.

If anyone has need of my throw away hotmail.com
address that is seldom checked, I'd be happy to post
it on an as needed basis.

Bob Urban aka Barnyard BOb aka Unka BOb aka BOb U
Old November 12th 03, 04:29 PM
Del Rawlins

Bob, take the chip off your shoulder and re-read my post. I know
exactly who you are and have probably been here as long as you have. I
was attempting to agree with you and expand a little further on the view
that somebody who won't post with their real name has "screwed up
priorities." I was not including you with that group since your
identity is known by everybody here who matters. If you have to
criticise me for something, let it be poor wording.

I think the years of endless flaming around here are starting to get to
you.

As far as betting one's life, if Bruce tells me how to set up my auto
conversion (for example, I'm not building one), I'd probably do less
checking up of that info than if it were posted by some anonymous Joe
Blow. The same goes for a handful of other people here, like John
Stricker, Jim Weir on avionics, or you for that matter on flying in bad
weather. If I were building an ultralight I'd take Chuck's word as
gospel. The point being that all of these people and others who I have
not mentioned specifically post using their real names, and have been
posting here long enough to convince me that they know a lot more than I
do about certain subjects. An anonymous poster is highly unlikely to
accomplish that.

On 11 Nov 2003 11:53 PM, .Barnyard BOb. posted the following:

Old November 12th 03, 05:37 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

On 12 Nov 2003 16:29:31 GMT, Del Rawlins
wrote:

Bob, take the chip off your shoulder and re-read my post. I know
exactly who you are and have probably been here as long as you have. I
was attempting to agree with you and expand a little further on the view
that somebody who won't post with their real name has "screwed up
priorities." I was not including you with that group since your
identity is known by everybody here who matters. If you have to
criticise me for something, let it be poor wording.

I think the years of endless flaming around here are starting to get to
you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmmmm.

!#$%^&*(
Expletives deleted.

You are super correct.
I'm taking things too literally at times.

When I deal myself out of the equation....
I really like what you said. g

My apologies.

Barnyard BOb -- If I'm wrong, never mind. {8+D
Old November 12th 03, 08:12 PM
Del Rawlins

On 12 Nov 2003 08:37 AM, - Barnyard BOb - posted the following:

When I deal myself out of the equation....
I really like what you said. g

My apologies.

Accepted. 8^)

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

Manifold pressure gauge problem Dave Russell Aerobatics 3 January 29th 04 03:46 AM
Nosewheel Shimmy and Scalloped Tire Redux, Plus Larry Smith Home Built 2 September 15th 03 04:03 PM
Scalloped Nosewheel Tire Larry Smith Home Built 7 September 12th 03 09:16 PM
Fuel pressure Problems smf Home Built 3 September 7th 03 08:25 PM
Pressure Differential in heat Exchangers Bruce A. Frank Home Built 4 July 3rd 03 05:18 AM