Fuel pressure Problems

Old September 7th 03, 04:17 AM
smf

Default Fuel pressure Problems

Problem: Glasair with I-0 360. With Vision Microsystem fuel pressure guage
and sensor.

My fuel pressure fluctuates from 23lbs down to about 10lbs and then back up
then to 16lbs and then maybe up to 23 for 15 minutes and then starts again.
If I turn the boost pump on it stays up to 23lbs.

I can let it go down to 10lbs or so in cruise but the engine doesn't miss or
quit.

I changed the Mech. fuel pump. It still does the same thing.

Could the pulse of the mech fuel pump be affecting the sensor?

Any Ideas or experience with this problem???

thanks

Steve

Old September 7th 03, 05:44 AM
Barnyard BOb --

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 03:17:27 GMT, "smf" wrote:

Problem: Glasair with I-0 360. With Vision Microsystem fuel pressure guage
and sensor.

My fuel pressure fluctuates from 23lbs down to about 10lbs and then back up
then to 16lbs and then maybe up to 23 for 15 minutes and then starts again.
If I turn the boost pump on it stays up to 23lbs.

I can let it go down to 10lbs or so in cruise but the engine doesn't miss or
quit.

I changed the Mech. fuel pump. It still does the same thing.

Could the pulse of the mech fuel pump be affecting the sensor?

Any Ideas or experience with this problem???

thanks

Steve

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No experience here.

If the engine runs fine - bad electrical ground someplace?
Is 23 psi even acceptable.... by the book.

Barnyard BOb --
Old September 7th 03, 02:30 PM
smf

The book shows Inlet to Fuel Injector is 45max - 14 min.

Steve

Old September 7th 03, 08:25 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"smf" wrote:

Problem: Glasair with I-0 360. With Vision Microsystem fuel pressure guage
and sensor.

My fuel pressure fluctuates from 23lbs down to about 10lbs and then back up
then to 16lbs and then maybe up to 23 for 15 minutes and then starts again.
If I turn the boost pump on it stays up to 23lbs.

I can let it go down to 10lbs or so in cruise but the engine doesn't miss or
quit.

I changed the Mech. fuel pump. It still does the same thing.

Could the pulse of the mech fuel pump be affecting the sensor?

Any Ideas or experience with this problem???

thanks

Steve

It sounds as if you have incipient vapor lock. Check your fuel system
for:

€ 90 deg. bends in the engine compartment
€ fuel line too close to exhaust pipes
€ engine cooling exit air flowing over fuel lines
€ gascolator mounted high on the firewall
€ heat sources blowing on the gascolator
€ malfunctioning pressure transducer
€ You may have to route a coolong vent over the gascolator