Any major weapon systems come on-line in the last 10 years?

Old November 30th 03, 03:37 PM
Bernardz

Default Any major weapon systems come on-line in the last 10 years?

In the last 10 or so years since the end of the cold war, have any new
weapon systems come on-line?

--
Spend a little more time feeding the space between your ears.

16th saying of Bernard
Old November 30th 03, 04:31 PM
user

Dozens have,,,the first one comes to my mind is the E/F Super
Hornet.....many others.

Old November 30th 03, 08:53 PM
Tuollaf43

Bernardz wrote in message news:MPG.1a34b9ba47db74f1989757@news...
In the last 10 or so years since the end of the cold war, have any new
weapon systems come on-line?

yes.
Old November 30th 03, 09:40 PM
Kevin Brooks

Bernardz wrote in message news:MPG.1a34b9ba47db74f1989757@news...
In the last 10 or so years since the end of the cold war, have any new
weapon systems come on-line?

A bunch. In the aviation side, depending upon what you call "new", you
have the F-15E, which IIRC only became *operational* after the Soviets
were no longer the major threat they had been (the first production
aircraft only reached Luke for the training folks in '88). The French
have had Rafale flying off of their CV for a year or two now. The
Swedes brought the Gripen into service in the late nineties. The
Japanese are getting close with their F-2. The B-2 did not make its
first flight until '89. A plethora of naval systems have entered
service, from the Buke DDG to the latest French CV, and quite a few
smaller combatant designs. Then there are the majority of the UAV
systems, to include the combat capable ones. The Army has brought its
ATACMS missile into service since the end of the Cold War, its new
Stryker combat vehicle, the M109A6 Paladin SPH, and soon the HIMARS
rocket system (already undergoing troop testing IIRC). There are
plenty of others in all categories.

Brooks
Old November 30th 03, 11:42 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:40:40 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"user" wrote in message
.. .
Dozens have,,,the first one comes to my mind is the E/F Super
Hornet.....many others.

B-one.

It's didn't come online until 1993?

Old November 30th 03, 11:59 PM
Peter Kemp

On or about Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:49:21 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
allegedly uttered:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:40:40 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"user" wrote in message
.. .
Dozens have,,,the first one comes to my mind is the E/F Super
Hornet.....many others.

B-one.

It's didn't come online until 1993?

2002.

Despite having been in service for a hell of a long time before that,
and indeed having it's combat debut in 1998. Buy hey - it's
Tarverworld (tm)
---
Peter Kemp

Life is short - Drink Faster
Old December 1st 03, 12:26 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Peter Kemp" peter_n_kempathotmaildotcom@ wrote in message
On or about Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:49:21 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
allegedly uttered:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:40:40 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"user" wrote in message
.. .
Dozens have,,,the first one comes to my mind is the E/F Super
Hornet.....many others.

B-one.

It's didn't come online until 1993?

2002.

Despite having been in service for a hell of a long time before that,
and indeed having it's combat debut in 1998. Buy hey - it's
Tarverworld (tm)

The 1998 spludge was hardly impressive enough for any but the clueless to
see as "online". I don't count any action before Afghanistan as
representative of an "online" weapons system. Up until that time the
Pentagon was reducing the flock and so they agreed with me.

The b-one brings a lot to the table, even if it is late.

Old December 1st 03, 04:33 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message ...
"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:40:40 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"user" wrote in message
.. .
Dozens have,,,the first one comes to my mind is the E/F Super
Hornet.....many others.

B-one.

It's didn't come online until 1993?

2002.

The B-1 did not enter service until 2002?! Another Tarvernaut classic,
right up there with optical nukes and wacky-Civil War naval history...

Brooks

spinner paint scheme Dick Home Built 3 January 27th 05 09:58 PM
striped spinner Pianome Home Built 1 July 4th 04 09:56 PM
RAATECH FUEL SYSTEMS SEMINAR JULY 10TH - MIDLAND, Ontario, Canada Robert Schieck Home Built 0 June 30th 04 08:28 PM
CAD outline of Rans S6S instrument panel? Rob Turk Home Built 2 October 21st 03 09:27 PM
September issue of Afterburner now on line Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 9th 03 09:13 PM