$98 per barrel oil

Old November 16th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default $98 per barrel oil

Morgans,

Maybe it is because people know that arguing with you ( and some others,
lately) is like arguing with a brick wall.

While we're into reality checks: No one in this thread is arguing anything
I said. People are arguing what Jay said.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 16th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
There is no reason to think we would. On the other hand Nikita Khrushchev
said, "We will bury you!"

I'm sure that Wolfgang and Thomas were taught that Khrushchev's famous
line was referring only to being buried "economically"... It is to
weep.

I understand how a defeated nation like Germany might subtly inflect
their history books to cast shadows on the victors -- it's human
nature to do so -- but for any German to cast such a positive light on
the SOVIETS (of all people!) is just amazing.

Possibly because they had more in common (and were allies up to 1941) with
the Soviets than to the US.

Also, consider how distorted is Japan's teaching of history to their young;
not too far from them being the victims even before Hiroshima, and
completely ignoring the "Rape of Nanking", etc.

See any similarity between those (Japan and German) to the present
Islamofascists?

Old November 16th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

On 2007-11-15, F. Baum wrote:
every time your kid takes a flying lesson

That, at least, is entirely on topic for rec.aviation.piloting :-)

And how present "world affairs" equates to $100 oil if not through
historical perspective

Old November 16th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Yes - I have a name" wrote in message
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Morgans writes:

You're MXed in the head. What small amount of credibility you ever had

has
evaporated.

An unconditional prejudice against any opinion from a given source that
overrides consideration of the opinion on its own merits is not a strong

basis
for credibility.

You deserve the same consideration as a magic eight ball. Sometimes you're
correct.

But mostly he's an eight ball (archaically speaking).

Old November 17th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Matt,

Many trash his view, but nobody has the
courage to offer their own view.

Maybe it is because a decent view on this topic cannot be expressed in
the five or so sentences customary in a newsgroup post. Maybe it is
because this is an aviation group. Maybe it is because people can't be
bothered to pull the level of discussion from way, way down there at
the lowest possible intellectual level up to somewhere sensible.

Like I said ... nobody has the courage to offer their own view.

Matt
Old November 17th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Morgans,

Maybe it is because people know that arguing with you ( and some others,
lately) is like arguing with a brick wall.

While we're into reality checks: No one in this thread is arguing anything
I said. People are arguing what Jay said.

Well, if you say anything worth arguing with...

Matt
Old November 17th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

That may well be, but I've not seen anyone here offer a single view on
the topic other than Jay. Many trash his view, but nobody has the
courage to offer their own view.

He hasn't got a view, he has prejudices and fears.

Ah, yes, the true hallmark of the modern-day Left -- they can't
counter with logic so they resort to name-calling.

How is it that the Left ever laid claim to the "progressive liberal"
label when they are neither?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old November 17th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Maybe it is because people know that arguing with you ( and some others,
lately) is like arguing with a brick wall.

While we're into reality checks: No one in this thread is arguing anything
I said. People are arguing what Jay said.

If by "people" you mean two trolls and an eloquent chap named
Wolfgang, I'd agree.

Otherwise, I see no argument happening here.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old November 17th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Matt Whiting" wrote

Like I said ... nobody has the courage to offer their own view.

Like _I_ said, nobody thinks it is worth the time to put out an opinion
to two Germans with their minds made up on the subject, and a few trolls.

Truth be known, very few are probably even reading this thread, for a while
now.
--
Jim in NC