F/A-18 Hornet in Kansas?

Old September 26th 03, 02:10 AM
mah

Default F/A-18 Hornet in Kansas?

First, I normally reside in rec.av.mil. Hopefully I'm not violating the
group charter by asking my question here.

Several months ago someone offered an F/A-18 fuselage for sale on Ebay.
If I recall correctly it was in Olathe KS. A hard drive crash lost the
seller's name from my bookmarks. Does anyone in this forum remember
anything about the posting or perhaps know where the aircraft is
located?

Thanks in advance

MAH
Old September 26th 03, 05:55 PM
Model Flyer

"mah" wrote in message
First, I normally reside in rec.av.mil. Hopefully I'm not

violating the
group charter by asking my question here.

Several months ago someone offered an F/A-18 fuselage for sale on

Ebay.
If I recall correctly it was in Olathe KS. A hard drive crash lost

the
seller's name from my bookmarks. Does anyone in this forum

remember
anything about the posting or perhaps know where the aircraft is
located?

Not exactly a homebuilt aircraft, however as it's a bare fuselage
perhaps you would get away with it as you appear to be rebuilding it
at "HOME".:-)
--

..
--

Thanks in advance

MAH

Old September 29th 03, 08:08 PM
Jeff

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:10:03 -0500, mah wrote:

Several months ago someone offered an F/A-18 fuselage for sale on Ebay.
If I recall correctly it was in Olathe KS. A hard drive crash lost the
seller's name from my bookmarks. Does anyone in this forum remember
anything about the posting or perhaps know where the aircraft is
located?

It was at Jabara Airport in Wichita for a while, not sure if it's still there.
I'm pretty sure it was a former Blue Angels plane that, for whatever reason, was
surplused.