Women are better pilots than men

Old April 15th 04, 08:02 PM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:42:22 -0500, Greg Copeland
wrote in Message-Id: :

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:10:12 +0000, Larry Dighera wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:05:42 -0500, Greg Copeland
wrote in Message-Id: :

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 02:35:17 -0700, Nathalie Hutt wrote:

Men are too dumb to fly, they will think of their penises all the time
and crash into mountains.Women are far more skilled and not driven by
small "joysticks".

I thought women were the reason men fly into moutains.

Are you referring to the USAF fighter jock who crashed into a mountain
in the Rockies a few years back?

Are you being serious or is there a punchline coming up next?

IIRC, it was the late '90s. The airman was despondent over family
issues, apparently intentionally CFIT, and the location of the
mountainous crash site (and the on-board ordnance) was delayed due to
the winter weather. Nothing funny about it.

Old April 15th 04, 08:09 PM
pacplyer

"Capt.Doug" wrote
When queried about the crew's safety, the handlers replied
that the suits were to prevent the humans from infecting the monkeys (which
resembled Ms. Nathalie btw). Ever since that flight, I' ve had an urge to
lay back in the top of a tree on a Caribbean island hillside soaking up the
sun and spitting at the other monkeys.

D.

LOL! :^D I love it. Sounds like a great affliction Doug. Do you
have a boat? Yeah, I'm sick of being around huge boxes labeled, "Lab
specimens; Danger: infectious substance; Not for transport on
passenger aircraft." Asian Labs. I pointed out to management that in
"econ" setting on the aircon panel (which they dictate we use to save
gas) on the bus that 25% of the air back there is scavenged back into
the aircon manifold and mixed in with the main duct (the stuff we're
breathing.) Management's response was: "What are you, some kind of
trouble maker?" Ya think those bugs could float 100 feet into my
nostrils? Did management care?

Ever since those flights I've had this constant urge to soak my brain
tissues in good laboratory alcohol... and float around in a shallow
pool of water on my back like a bug in a petri dish.

pac
Old April 16th 04, 02:21 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Greg Copeland wrote:

I thought women were the reason men fly into moutains.

There actually was a fairly famous case is the 50's involving a movie star. Nobeody
could figure out why the very experienced pilot took a wrong course out of Vegas into
terrain. Somebody finally figured out that he probably turned the plane over to his
rookie co-pilot and went back to smooze with the movie star.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".
Old April 16th 04, 10:50 PM
John Galban

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message ...

There actually was a fairly famous case is the 50's involving a movie star. Nobeody
could figure out why the very experienced pilot took a wrong course out of Vegas into
terrain. Somebody finally figured out that he probably turned the plane over to his
rookie co-pilot and went back to smooze with the movie star.

It was in 1942. Carol Lombard (wife of Clark Gable) and her mother
were killed in the crash outside of Las Vegas. The plane was
inexplicably 6.7 miles off the beam on a CAVU night. One of the
theories was that the pilot was back in the cabin visiting and that
the co-pilot screwed up. Other theories were that the radio beam was
not accurate, as the Army had been messing around with them recently
for security reasons (like a bunch of Japanese bombers were going to
suddenly appear and home in on Las Vegas).

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)