US pilots soon to report their skills?

Old October 10th 04, 05:17 PM
Martin Hotze

Default US pilots soon to report their skills?

can you cook? can you pilot an aircraft? are you into computers?

you're the (wo)man! hmm, this one is only for (US-) citizens, methinks.
This time the foreigners come better off.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/9/12032/9687

---snip
The proposed changes discussed in this meeting include:

*(...) This non-combat skills draft would induct men and women ages 18
to 34.
(...)
* Create a single-point, all-inclusive database, in which every young
person would be forced to send in a "self-declaration"--like an IRS
form--of all of their critical skills, chosen from a long list o f several
hundred occupations like the Air Force Specialty Code with Skills
Identifier. The usual penalties of imprisonment and/or a $250,000 fine
would apply to all non-registrants.
---snap

#m

--
Somehow, some way, the Left trash talks "multi-national corporations" and
"big corporations" as if they were messengers of evil, when, in fact,
Old October 10th 04, 06:08 PM
Greg Butler

I have serious doubts about someone's sanity if they honestly think that
there is going to be a draft soon. Talk about radical

Old October 11th 04, 09:02 AM
NW_PILOT

"Greg Butler" wrote in message
I have serious doubts about someone's sanity if they honestly think that
there is going to be a draft soon. Talk about radical

As much as I dislike military operations I'd be willing to join if
guaranteed in writing I would get to fly something that could go mach 2 and
do not ground fighting.

Old October 11th 04, 10:19 AM
Cub Driver

I have serious doubts about someone's sanity if they honestly think that
there is going to be a draft soon. Talk about radical

There is legislation for a draft, sponsored by (Democratic)
Congressman Charles Rangell. It has a very few (Democratic)
co-sponsors.

Recently the Republicans tried to bring the bill up for a vote, so as
to put paid to the (Democratic) rumors that Bush would bring back the
draft in a second term.

The Democrats accused the Republicans of playing politics.

Well, so it goes, in Disney World on the Potomac.

Just think about this for a minute: if there were a draft, who would
train the draftees? The entire (volunteer) U.S. Army would have to
stand down, be retrained, and then dispatched to build and staff the
training centers. It would take a year, minimum, and in the meantime
we would have no army for any other purpose.

This rumor has been very popular on campus for two years now. As soon
as the Good People realized that we were going to war in Iraq, they
began promising their students that they would soon be drafted. That
they were proved liars in 2002 hasn't stopped them from retreading the
same lies in 2004.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! www.vivabush.org

Old October 11th 04, 03:19 PM
C Kingsbury

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

"Greg Butler" wrote in message
I have serious doubts about someone's sanity if they honestly think that
there is going to be a draft soon. Talk about radical

As much as I dislike military operations I'd be willing to join if
guaranteed in writing I would get to fly something that could go mach 2

and
do not ground fighting.

Just don't get shot down...

Old October 11th 04, 04:55 PM
C J Campbell

No Republican President has instituted a draft since Abraham Lincoln during
the Civil War. Democrats, however, cannot imagine fighting a war without a
draft. John Kerry has frequently accused the Bush administration of having a
secret plan to reinstate the draft. There is no question that, if elected,
Kerry would push for a draft to 'resolve the current crisis.' He would blame
it on the Republicans, of course. The only bill currently before Congress to
reinstate the draft is sponsored by Democrats. Democrats have a long history
of proposing such measures, including drafts for 'peaceful' purposes such as
the Peace Corps. This is in keeping with the historical and philosophical
origins of the Democratic Party, which was founded to protect the rights of
slave owners and to represent slave states. After all, if everyone is the
slave of the US government (which they frequently allege), then what is
wrong with private ownership of humans? This philosophical view is the
foundation for Democratic positions on everything from trade unions to the
right to bear arms to taxation, and it is why Democratic 'intellectuals' are
basically aristocratic elitists.