Oshkosh in Winter...

Old December 26th 04, 02:17 PM
Jay Honeck

Jim just wants to be closer to the parties.
There is one every night in one of the dorms or another.
Why eat when you can drink!

Well, that's pretty much the way it is at our campsite, too!

:-)

It's funny -- Mary and I realized a few years ago that we actually fly LESS
during Oshkosh than normal. It's the only week of the year where we fly
in, park, and never move the plane again for 6 or 7 days.

We're too busy eating, drinking, socializing, and drooling on all the other
planes to even think about actually flying!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 26th 04, 06:20 PM

Peter MacPherson wrote:
Do the dorms have AC? Otherwise it might get pretty hot. I've stayed
overnight at dorms on bike rides and with no AC it was miserable.
Now I always use a tent, and always have plenty of AC...... g.

I stayed in the dorms once. That was the year it was 100+
every day and the grass was all brown. Yes, it was miserable.
The only way to get air circulation (had no fan) was to open
both the window and door to the hallway - and didn't want to
sleep in that condition. I also found it impossible to get
any service (like chnaging the bed linen from the previous
occupants [I came along at mid-week]. Never again.

David Johnson

Old December 27th 04, 10:34 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Rolling out on Rwy 27, the controller had us exit at the next taxiway

Now THAT I'd like to have seen!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Nice post, Jay.)
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

How I got to Oshkosh (long) Doug Owning 2 August 18th 03 12:05 AM
Oshkosh 2003 Redux Montblack Owning 86 August 14th 03 04:29 PM
Oshkosh 2003 Redux Montblack Piloting 62 August 14th 03 04:29 PM
CQ Oshkosh, CQ Oshkosh Warren & Nancy Home Built 4 July 3rd 03 06:42 PM
CQ Oshkosh, CQ Oshkosh Warren & Nancy Piloting 4 July 3rd 03 06:42 PM