TCSC SOARING HIGH

Old July 11th 20, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default TCSC SOARING HIGH

Treasure Coast Soaring Club continues to grow and doing well. As compared to last June our revenue for the same period in 2020 was up 65%. New members continue to bring excitement and activity to club, helping out with daily activities and special projects. Just yesterday we had a youth member do his first solo, it was a great couple of flights. Our club incorporates youth glider training at age 14 to 18 with no cost to the youth member.
We certainly hope the rest of the clubs are doing well in these challenging times. Bob
Old July 13th 20, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Thoughts and prayers to Florida!
Old July 13th 20, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 1:28:22 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Thoughts and prayers to Florida!

Thank you very much, as a club we are doing our best to be very proactive in being more cognizant of things that we take for granted. Social distancing is becoming more of a normal thing, face mask and disinfectant aids are being used frequently.
Florida has become the epicenter for this terrible virus, I know people who are currently hospitalized and in serious condition, we can only hope for the best.
Our club slowed down from the middle of March until About the middle of May and then things started to pick up once again, truly amazing that a club started just three years ago has never had a month in the red. Another aspect is that we have a good core of young glider pilots and even new young CFIG's, and new young tow pilots to replace old guys like me. Bob
Old August 4th 20, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 2:10:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Recently joined the club, and happy to have joined! Great people, lot's of experienced pilots, and hoping to learn as much as possible from everyone's experience. Just listening to some of the member's flying stories impressed me. Thanks Bob!

Paul
Old August 4th 20, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:22:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Paul, we are very glad to have you as our newest member, things here on the Treasure Coast can be very exciting at times and we have the best soaring weather in the state. Hope yo get that new ship and can join us this coming March for the Everglades Safari, an event that will be very exciting. Bob
Old August 9th 20, 09:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 4:20:02 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Treasure Coast Soaring Club continues to grow and doing well. As compared to last June our revenue for the same period in 2020 was up 65%. New members continue to bring excitement and activity to club, helping out with daily activities and special projects. Just yesterday we had a youth member do his first solo, it was a great couple of flights. Our club incorporates youth glider training at age 14 to 18 with no cost to the youth member.
We certainly hope the rest of the clubs are doing well in these challenging times. Bob

July flying on the Treasure Coast has been impressive to say the least. Numbers are just in for July and our business was up over 500% compared to July of 2019. New members and gliders continue to roll in and training is also on the increase. We are really taking the social distancing very serious and most wear mask and distance themselves from others.
Yesterday, August 8th, was another busy day, we did solo three more students, one youth, two adults. One adult is a refugee from Cuba, I will not mention his name but he was the national Cuban soaring champion while flying in Cuba. All the gliders from the Cuban club were destroyed by Castro. They were simply buried, can you imagine?
This fine individual escaped Cuba with very little, he did bring with him all of his Cuban soaring records and achievement awards. Well, yesterday we were able to solo this individual once again so that he may soar free and live free.
Old August 9th 20, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:47:26 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

That's great news, and congratulations to all that soloed recently. Great club!

Paul

Old August 9th 20, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 10:33:04 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
For those who don't have it, freedom is the ultimate goal.Â* Nice story!
Dan, thanks for the nice reply, freedom is not cheap and freedom has rewards. Today we were joined by a friend of mine, a Cuban American, who flew here just to witness Jorge fly again. His comments were humbling as he said, "free As A Bird".