A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

Old July 24th 20, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:01:51 AM UTC-4, wrote:

What about a default agreement? Would that hold up in court if the property is confiscated by the US Marshall?

Obviously you would need to consult an attorney prior to any purchase such as this. I would not be overly concerned with Romania trying to secure the property if they have not already tried, I understand all is well with Mihai in the land of Vlad the Impaler according two one Naval Aviator. The bottom line is could you do better investing your 150K elsewhere and I think the answer is obvious. To match the market over time a 3 million dollar investment would have to be returning 300K per year profit. It would require a good look at the books.

Walt

What about Craigslist or EBAY, I am sure that he could get some hits on those sites, or he could try JJ Wentworth, like he says, Need Cash!
Old July 25th 20, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 6:22:07 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

What about a default agreement? Would that hold up in court if the property is confiscated by the US Marshall?

Obviously you would need to consult an attorney prior to any purchase such as this. I would not be overly concerned with Romania trying to secure the property if they have not already tried, I understand all is well with Mihai in the land of Vlad the Impaler according two one Naval Aviator. The bottom line is could you do better investing your 150K elsewhere and I think the answer is obvious. To match the market over time a 3 million dollar investment would have to be returning 300K per year profit. It would require a good look at the books.

Walt

What about Craigslist or EBAY, I am sure that he could get some hits on those sites, or he could try JJ Wentworth, like he says, Need Cash!

I wonder how formal an issuance this is going to be? Is he going to file a Form S-1 with the SEC? He would have to issue an initial prospectus with an acknowledgment in RED LETTERS on the front noting that this prospectus is subject to change, yada yada. (This is from where the term Red Herring comes) Will the shares of stock be transferable to another? Would half the yearly receipts after taxes, operating expenses and reserve be distributed equally to the owners or do they just get their guaranteed 4%? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Walt
Old July 25th 20, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 8:07:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Walt

I wonder how formal an issuance this is going to be? Is he going to file a Form S-1 with the SEC? He would have to issue an initial prospectus with an acknowledgment in RED LETTERS on the front noting that this prospectus is subject to change, yada yada. (This is from where the term Red Herring comes) Will the shares of stock be transferable to another? Would half the yearly receipts after taxes, operating expenses and reserve be distributed equally to the owners or do they just get their guaranteed 4%? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Walt

Since it is a so called private offering the S-1 form probably would not apply. Maybe the Romanian could make it public with an IPO, but that would be subject to many rules that I would probably think that the Romanian would like to avoid. If business is down then he could host the Clermont Carnival on the runway and for a week or two in March have the runway filled with carnival rides and sell cotton candy and corn dogs with mustard. Just think how beautiful the runway would look with the marquee lights.
Old July 25th 20, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 8:31:39 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

Walt

Walt

Since it is a so called private offering the S-1 form probably would not apply. Maybe the Romanian could make it public with an IPO, but that would be subject to many rules that I would probably think that the Romanian would like to avoid. If business is down then he could host the Clermont Carnival on the runway and for a week or two in March have the runway filled with carnival rides and sell cotton candy and corn dogs with mustard. Just think how beautiful the runway would look with the marquee lights.

I have not seen where it is a private sale and it has been 30 years since I studied securities. (I took the six courses for CFP) What would make it private? A public sales is usually characterized by some meaningful advertisement making it known and open to the public, otherwise it could be characterized as a private sale. I wonder if a blurb on the SLGP web site is a meaningful advertisement?

Walt
Old July 26th 20, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 11:17:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Walt

Walt

I have not seen where it is a private sale and it has been 30 years since I studied securities. (I took the six courses for CFP) What would make it private? A public sales is usually characterized by some meaningful advertisement making it known and open to the public, otherwise it could be characterized as a private sale. I wonder if a blurb on the SLGP web site is a meaningful advertisement?

Walt

Oh, you can be sure it is legit because Mr. Tanjala said so.

Tom
Old July 26th 20, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 1:06:47 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:

Walt

Walt

Walt

Tom

As long as he said it was legit it probably isn't, just like ANRP, and Nitramonia Fagaras. I sure wold like to have that 4% on my idle cash, but something here stinks.
Old July 26th 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek
external usenet poster

Does that come with free Tows?
Old July 26th 20, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 9:50:12 AM UTC-4, Glidergeek wrote:
Does that come with free Tows?

Free tows and caramel popcorn at the carnival.
Old July 27th 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 4:46:16 AM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 1:06:47 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:

Walt

Walt

Walt

Tom

As long as he said it was legit it probably isn't, just like ANRP, and Nitramonia Fagaras. I sure wold like to have that 4% on my idle cash, but something here stinks.

I guess I have to spell it out: my replies to this are "tongue deeply in cheek" as I have been threatened in the past with legal action by Tanjala'a lawyer.

Tom
Old July 27th 20, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader[_2_]
external usenet poster

Maybe the Owner should try to sell the assets and a reasonable degree of goodwill to a consortium at fair market value? If you can't afford to own it outright maybe you shouldn't control it or propose an impasse.

As a Florida Native I would hate to see this gliderport close its doors and become another sleepy airport community (unless it were a gliding community open to visitors).

- Chris Schrader