Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

Old July 24th 20, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:01:51 AM UTC-4, wrote:

What about a default agreement? Would that hold up in court if the property is confiscated by the US Marshall?

Obviously you would need to consult an attorney prior to any purchase such as this. I would not be overly concerned with Romania trying to secure the property if they have not already tried, I understand all is well with Mihai in the land of Vlad the Impaler according two one Naval Aviator. The bottom line is could you do better investing your 150K elsewhere and I think the answer is obvious. To match the market over time a 3 million dollar investment would have to be returning 300K per year profit. It would require a good look at the books.

Walt

What about Craigslist or EBAY, I am sure that he could get some hits on those sites, or he could try JJ Wentworth, like he says, Need Cash!
Old July 25th 20, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 6:22:07 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

I wonder how formal an issuance this is going to be? Is he going to file a Form S-1 with the SEC? He would have to issue an initial prospectus with an acknowledgment in RED LETTERS on the front noting that this prospectus is subject to change, yada yada. (This is from where the term Red Herring comes) Will the shares of stock be transferable to another? Would half the yearly receipts after taxes, operating expenses and reserve be distributed equally to the owners or do they just get their guaranteed 4%? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Walt
Old July 25th 20, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 8:07:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Since it is a so called private offering the S-1 form probably would not apply. Maybe the Romanian could make it public with an IPO, but that would be subject to many rules that I would probably think that the Romanian would like to avoid. If business is down then he could host the Clermont Carnival on the runway and for a week or two in March have the runway filled with carnival rides and sell cotton candy and corn dogs with mustard. Just think how beautiful the runway would look with the marquee lights.
Old July 25th 20, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 8:31:39 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

I have not seen where it is a private sale and it has been 30 years since I studied securities. (I took the six courses for CFP) What would make it private? A public sales is usually characterized by some meaningful advertisement making it known and open to the public, otherwise it could be characterized as a private sale. I wonder if a blurb on the SLGP web site is a meaningful advertisement?

Walt
Old July 26th 20, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 11:17:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Oh, you can be sure it is legit because Mr. Tanjala said so.

Tom
Old July 26th 20, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 1:06:47 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
[...]

As long as he said it was legit it probably isn't, just like ANRP, and Nitramonia Fagaras. I sure wold like to have that 4% on my idle cash, but something here stinks.
Old July 26th 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Does that come with free Tows?
Old July 26th 20, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 9:50:12 AM UTC-4, Glidergeek wrote:
Does that come with free Tows?

Free tows and caramel popcorn at the carnival.
Old July 27th 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 4:46:16 AM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

I guess I have to spell it out: my replies to this are "tongue deeply in cheek" as I have been threatened in the past with legal action by Tanjala'a lawyer.

Tom
Old July 27th 20, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader[_2_]

Maybe the Owner should try to sell the assets and a reasonable degree of goodwill to a consortium at fair market value? If you can't afford to own it outright maybe you shouldn't control it or propose an impasse.

As a Florida Native I would hate to see this gliderport close its doors and become another sleepy airport community (unless it were a gliding community open to visitors).

- Chris Schrader

You Piece of Shit Punks Mark Piloting 0 December 20th 09 05:56 PM
Excellent TV Piece on GA Jay Honeck Piloting 123 December 12th 07 12:49 AM
Stryker is a piece of shit! noname Military Aviation 53 May 12th 04 04:11 AM
CBS News Piece Philip Sondericker Piloting 23 January 18th 04 02:03 AM
Uh-oh: CBS News to air anti-GA hit piece on Wed. 1/14 Maule Driver Owning 65 January 17th 04 10:58 PM