A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

Old August 5th 20, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

Default Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 7:10:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Well, for one thing you can lay out semi naked by the pool in December and produce some vitamin D.

Walt

You can do that in PA, too plus you can do some ice-skating on that pool! It all depends on your tolerance to low temperature! ;-)

But in all seriousness - Ridge Soaring in PA is a terrific place to fly out of and I miss going there!

Uli
'AS'
Old August 5th 20, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 10:37:51 AM UTC-4, AS wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 7:10:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Well, for one thing you can lay out semi naked by the pool in December and produce some vitamin D.

Walt

You can do that in PA, too plus you can do some ice-skating on that pool! It all depends on your tolerance to low temperature! ;-)

But in all seriousness - Ridge Soaring in PA is a terrific place to fly out of and I miss going there!

Uli
'AS'

I have been to PA in the winter time, I used to refuel nuclear power plants, Limerick, Beaver Valley, Susquehanna all have had shut downs in the winter for refueling. YOU might lay out semi naked in the winter but most people would prefer Central Fla.

Walt
Old August 5th 20, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hi Walt. From another former tow pilot. Seminole was doing a rip-roaring business until covid-19 hit. There's money being made there. It's just not being spent where it should be.
Old August 5th 20, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 2:01:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi Walt. From another former tow pilot. Seminole was doing a rip-roaring business until covid-19 hit. There's money being made there. It's just not being spent where it should be.

Please explain to me how you can service a 3 million debt load with the revenue from a facility like SLGP, I did learn a little bit in grad school.
I have changed the name from Seminole Lake Glider Port to Straight Line Glider Port, they don't fly many triangles, just up and down hwy27. Bob
Old August 6th 20, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Every day of The Seniors was a 300+k polygon
Old August 6th 20, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 11:17:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Every day of The Seniors was a 300+k polygon

3-9 144 fai-KM
3-10 58
3-11 271
3-12 325 Triangle distance Ken S. nice triangle
3-13 235
3-14 196
3-15 234
3-16 6
3-17 128
From OLC triangle distance daily scores.
Old August 6th 20, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 2:01:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Karen, Rip-roaring is a very subjective term. It was "sporadically" rip roaring while I was there but much of the time there was stagnation. "Capacity utilization" is a measurement capable of being applied to most businesses to determine success. Rip-roaring is nice if it is sustainable. I would define rip-roaring as meeting all the operational cost and throwing off significant profit to match or exceed other forms of investments. Yes, even the stock market has its ups and downs but over time it achieves an 11 percent ROI. Is SLGP doing that?

The fact that as you say the money is just not being spent where it should be is very telling. (Don't let Rich hear you say that) I had to get real with the owner to order a mixture cable two weeks after it was requested. When I asked the "girls" when we might expect delivery they told me they didn't order it. The reason was unacceptable to me. Neglect can lead to serious consequences.

Yes, SLGP has potential but it needs proper and professional management. You cant hamstring a manager and expect things to run smoothly. Clif was about as close to a perfect manager as you can get, knows the business, can do it all. Guys like that need to be retained and retention means paying the piper. One cannot be expected to "look the other way" all the time.

Walt
Old August 6th 20, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

They were not playing OLC. Or Condor.
Old August 7th 20, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 11:01:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:

That is pure speculation. SLGP has not released any financials, let alone audited financials, whatsoever so we don't even know if SLGP has been profitable and for which years, or by how much. These are essential for any serious investor - omitting them means this is just a trial balloon to test how many suckers there are out there.

Tom
Old August 8th 20, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 11:25:04 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 11:01:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:

That is pure speculation. SLGP has not released any financials, let alone audited financials, whatsoever so we don't even know if SLGP has been profitable and for which years, or by how much. These are essential for any serious investor - omitting them means this is just a trial balloon to test how many suckers there are out there.

Tom

SLGP would not be obligated to release any financial information to anyone other than those buying in. Of course it would be most prudent to have on your side a Business/Real Estate lawyer and of course have your own accountant do a complete audit of the books to establish profitability. I would assume that one would be sharing in the profits at the end of the quarter/year commensurate with their percentage of ownership, perhaps along with the four percent dividend that Mihai guarantees? If NOT then in my Constitutionally protected opinion it would be stupid to purchase any shares. The real telling point will be how many shares RICH buys.

Walt