Fire officer tops in field — again

Old October 13th 03, 08:37 PM
Otis Willie

Default Fire officer tops in field — again

Fire officer tops in field — again

(EXCERPT) , By Franklin Fisher, Stars and Stripes Pacific edition,
Tuesday, October 14, 2003

These days, young airmen call him “sergeant two-time.”

It started in August after Air Force Master Sgt. Michael L. Rosser
earned a top-level military fire services award.

Rosser, the operations chief for the 8th Civil Engineer Squadron at
Kunsan Air Base, was chosen the 2003 Department of Defense Military
Fire Officer of the Year for outstanding service in the military
firefighting field. He also won the award in 1997 as a staff sergeant.

“Everybody seems to be calling me ‘sergeant two-time’ now,” said
Rosser. “It’s kind of fun, you know, they give me a hard time and
stuff.”

In the event of a fire or aircraft emergency at the base, Rosser’s
main job is to take charge at the scene.

“I won it in ’97, and I didn’t really think it would happen twice...

U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully reproducing
copyrighted material. In abidance with our laws this report
cannot be provided in its entirety. However, you can read it
in full today, 13 Oct 2003, at the following URL. (COMBINE
the following lines into your web browser.) The
subject/content of this report is not necessarily the
viewpoint of the distributing Library. This report is provided
for your information and discussion.

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?...&article=18072

Otis Willie
Associate Librarian