Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

Old June 4th 08, 03:37 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

Default Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:34:50 -0700 (PDT), eyeball
wrote:

You're welcome. There are at least ten thousand times their numbers
in the mainland who are as smart if not smarter. We can spare as many
as you are willing to take. Employment opportunities are scarce in
China even for top brains.

I'll remember that when you are the one with the immigration problem...

Too late. I have already been embedded for over 30 years.
Old June 4th 08, 11:49 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:52:00 -0700, (JJS)
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:28:30 -0700,
(JJS)
wrote:

I know is looks like the Chinese have adopted the "white man's burden".
You know bringing civilization to the less fortunate whether they
want it or not e.g. Tibet.

Joe

On the contrary. Tibet is being developed for China's benefit as
Tibet's resources and vast space is needed.

True.

Development will not wait
for Tibetans slow to get into the game.

I know this is where the "whether they want it or not" comes in.

Tibetans are in the best
position to benefit from this investment as the rules are already in
place to let them have first pick.

Well there's the problem. The large immigration of Chinese to Tibet
could be considered a threat by the local Tibetan population. They
might argue that the first pick goes to the Chinese or those Tibetans
loyal to the Chinese rather than the general population. At least that's
how it usually works in the rest of the world.

The real problem here is finding enough qualified Tibetans. Those
qualifed will have no problem finding employment. You still need at
least a high school equivalency to work in a white collar job. To a
Han Tibet is a hardship post. But if that's where the jobs are
they'll come, earn what they came to earn and then go east after a few
years. The jobs will always be available for qualified Tibetans.

As for manual jobs the Han immigrants are paid as poorly as Tibetans.
And there is a problem of language to manage a Tibetan work crew. In
any case these are dead end jobs. The only solution is for Tibetans
to acquire employable skills.

But the Tibetans must also have
the attitude, aptitude and the ability to take advantage of these
opportunities.

I know this is where the "whether they want it or not" comes in.

To quit with barely a grade 6 education with no
(Chinese majority or foreign) language skills dooms one to making a
living off equally disadvantaged fellow Tibetans. (Being a monk
inures one to life's hardships but is quite useless for making a
living.)

I agree but when does it become someone elseĀ¹s choice (non-Tibetan)
that they change the way they live their life? I'm not saying
that the local population had a better life style before the
Chinese decided to improve things. I'm just wondering who gets to
decide what happens in Tibet.

Do read the May National Geographic special issue on China. See the
vast deserts. See the poverty and backwardness in marginal farmlands.
Due to global climate change Tibet is drying up and farming and
herding can no longer sustain a livelihood. The world is changing and
their old style of life has disappeared forever whether they like it
or not. The question then is can they adapt to the new life that has
been forced upon them by nature.

Turn to page 74-75 a double spread showing Tibetan youths and
government housing in the background built to house Tibetans displaced
by climate change. The caption suggests that the Tibetan youths are
visitors. Those Tibetans resettled in these new towns receive
government subsidies enough to get by on. But they are bored out of
their frigging minds because of lack of suitable employment. They are
pastoral people not urbanites. In this sheltered environment Tibetan
culture cannot thrive because it is out of context with their
traditional way of life. By the same context no amount of government
funding or support will keep alive Tibetan culture as a way of life.
Change is not an option. It is a relentless certainty.

Do take a look at the Tibetan youths again and compare them with the
Han in other pages. They look differerent enough that without my
dwelling on it you can see they will have a problem getting hired. I
have deleted the rest of my rant as I have no alternative or
optimistic solutions for Tibetan problems in a fast changing world.
No amount of good intentions or pablum slogans on your part nor on the
Chinese side will solve anything.

Your Afro-American experience is an excellent parallel.

I don't see the parallel.

Providing barely earned advantages to all 2.5 million Tibetans in a
population of 1.3 billion Chinese is no problem at all. But these
advantages must still be earned regardless of at how low a level.

Old June 4th 08, 03:52 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
Jeffrey Hamilton

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:03:25 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:29:51 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

Say what you like sport, I'm repeating what was broadcast on CNN.

cheers....Jeff

snippage of rant about news coverage

Listen fool, spout what you like, pictures tell a thousand words.

They were holding up a piece of concrete, supposedly reinforced. What the
builder had used for reinforcement was a joke.
Instead of rebar, it looked like he had used that very light steel-mesh
material (approx. 6"x6" square) that we use to support a concrete slab in
garage floor that is laid over 6" of compacted gravel.
Instead of using rebar, which you or I wouldn't be able to bend with our
bare hands, he used material a four year old could twist out of shape.
Don't tell me what I saw fool, I'll tell you.

cheers....Jeff

Look you twerp. When a US army squad in Iraq murders a family there

Listen "Who Flung Poo", we are talking about murderously criminal building
practices in _Communist China_!
Do try to keep on track.

Ergo when a single building disintegrates in a humongous earthquake
you can point fingers and sacrifice a few goats to satisfy public
outrage. When more than 300 schools disintegrated the same way you
are going to prosecute anyone and everyone who had a hand in building
those schools? You are certainly very naive in the ways things work.

Naive me?
Not at all, business as usual, corrupt as usual. it's the Communist Chinese
way.

I'll tell you one remarkable example how the Chinese system works.
When DXP came back to power the Cultural Revolution was still alive
until they arrested the Gang of Four. With the devastation that the
CR and the GLF (Great Leap Forward) and other Mao inspired disasters
there was a tremendous amount of damage to be made good. So DXP
decreed that there were far too many injustices and far too many
interconnected crimes ever to sort out. Getting China back on track
was of paramount importance. So there was to be no recriminationsw,
no boards of inquiries, no investigations into what had gone on
before. He (DXP) himself was treated very badly. His eldest son (a
physics undergrad then)was thrown from or had leapt from an upper
storey and crippled. The son was denied medical attention and is now
a quadripelgic. If DXP did not seek revenge no one else could and the
bad blood that would have flowed and poisoned everything never did.

Translation: thing's were so bad, corruption was so commonplace and
systemic, there would have no no hierarchy left.

So it will be with this earthquake. The first order of things is to
get back the countryside in order and the people housed and gainfully
employed. Before the end of the year is out the debris will have been
cleared and reconstruction begun. Premier Wen has declared that
within three years all the roads, bridges and infrastructures will be
repaired. They will be finished ahead of schedule. In that three
years will arise new cities, towns and residential areas as if they
seemed to have sprouted from the ground overnight.

All we'll see, are the thousands of grave markers, all bearing the same
date.
I sure hope they build them a lot better than they did last time.
I bet the people do too.

But
meantime screw your CNN attempts to paint a fumbling and dysfuntional
picture of Chinese people.

It must really *frost your ass* seeing the truth of your communist regime
being held up for the world's scrutiny.
The Chinese Communist's don't need help from anyone or anything, "to paint a
fumbling and dysfuntional
picture of Chinese people", for the world to observe. They manage perfectly
all by themselves.

If the Chinese people are really lucky, one day they will be able to watch
the likes of CNN and decide for themselves whether or not they find the
reporting to their taste.

That would of course entail a lot more freedom of choice, than is currently
allowed in your *pariah* nation.

cheers....Jeff

Old June 4th 08, 04:00 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
Jeffrey Hamilton

wrote:

You're welcome. There are at least ten thousand times their numbers
in the mainland who are as smart if not smarter. We can spare as many
as you are willing to take. Employment opportunities are scarce in
China even for top brains.

I'll remember that when you are the one with the immigration problem...

Too late. I have already been embedded for over 30 years.

Wrong, as usual, Ernst Zundel was embedded for over 30 years too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Z%C3%BCndel

Guess where he is now?

As a Chinese communist shill, you undoubtedly lied on your Canadian
immigration form's, all those years ago.

Consider yourself a "marked man", WhoFlungPoo.

cheers.....Jeff

Old June 4th 08, 06:53 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:04:26 GMT, Vince Brannigan
wrote:

So there you are, a possibility that US Chinese may overtake the Jews
in messing up your minds in the not too distant future.

Not at all

Chinese people are fine as soon as they learn to think for themselves

The thugs in in power in the PRC are determined to prevent that

Vince

This long thread is evidence that the Chinese are already messing up
your minds from across the Pacific and in your own front yard (1.2%.)
Do the South Asians (Indians), Russians, Europeans, Arabs, anyone else
out there?, pose the same amount of concern about your place in the
global scene? Nope. China has displaced the USSR as your enemy #1.

It is not a status China seeks. This is a status you had to invent to
justify your nation crushing, nation bankrupting expenditures on your
military. Can you use this military for its stated purpose? Highly
unlikely as Chinese foreign policy and military doctrine seek to avoid
just such a confrontation. China can do this without being militarily
weak enough to buckle under a (US) threat over economic competition.
Do you need two ocean carrier battlegroups to invade a third tier
country in the Middle East, Africa or South America? Obviously not.
China gets that honor by default.

Reagan bankrupted the USSR and broke it apart by bluff, a brilliant
cost free maneuver, to make the USSR overspend itself into netherland.
This time round you are conning yourselves into bankruptcy. I won't
go into the details that will fill a book. Just go visit any large
bookstore and you will find shelves full of weighty tomes on the US
national quagmire across many sectors- military, political, economic,
technological, social. Your own pundits do a much better job than I
can ever hope to and they are not under any authoritarian government
gun to do so.

Meanwhile China does what China does. That is to modernize and make
money, build its infrastructures. To lift from poverty her 400
millions still poor peoples, to earn a very modest above $2 a day. To
provide the education and technologies to enable her peoples to be a
first world brainpower. Secure through fair trade and non threatening
diplomacy the key natural resources needed for development. To do the
same to develop markets for Chinese manufactures. Win friends and
influence across the globe.

There's not one peep about the Chinese political system within China.
The Government is genuinely popular and their policies have
practically unanimous support. Watch the Beijing Olympics and see for
yourselves the genuine public mood in China today. It will be the
background information between sporting events I will be on the
lookout for. There will be the Beijing "filtered" broadcasts. With
thousands of foreign journalists there for the occasion, and with a
promise that they will have free access, you can make a real time
comparison on whose version of China is closer to the truth. You can
bet your mama's tits that foreign journalists will do their best to
find chinks (pun intended) in China's armor.

There's not one peep about the Chinese political system from abroad
except from rich white guy nations who are at a loss on how to respond
to China's development juggernaut. To the rest of the developing
world the Chinese system provides a fascinating study on how to
achieve rapid modernization and yet maintain authoritative governance.
They all seek to find which part of the development formula to
modernity and prosperity they can adopt for themselves. Western style
democracy has become an anathema for the chaos and poverty that came
with it. 60 years of post war experience in the former imperial
colonies and economic semi-colonies is proof enough. Read this seminal
paper "The Beijing Consensus, Joshua Cooper Ramo"
http://fpc.org.uk/fsblob/244.pdf to get a good idea of what is
happening to your world.

Since these (China) developments mess up your minds, a state of mind
induced by none other than yourselves, wouldn't you say that we
(China) can fight a more effective battle than you? And China deosn't
even have to move a finger to effect it. You will continue to lose
this fight as long as you maintain archaic patronizing attitudes like

Chinese people are fine as soon as they learn to think for themselves

The thugs in in power in the PRC are determined to prevent that.

Cheers. Or as we say in Chinese "Kan Pei."
(Kan Pei = Bottoms Up Peng Pei = Cheers (a sip or two) If you mean
Cheers, .... When you drink with the Chinese, they would toast their
glasses lower than ...)

Old June 4th 08, 07:01 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:00:43 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

You're welcome. There are at least ten thousand times their numbers
in the mainland who are as smart if not smarter. We can spare as many
as you are willing to take. Employment opportunities are scarce in
China even for top brains.

I'll remember that when you are the one with the immigration problem...

Too late. I have already been embedded for over 30 years.

Wrong, as usual, Ernst Zundel was embedded for over 30 years too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Z%C3%BCndel

Guess where he is now?

As a Chinese communist shill, you undoubtedly lied on your Canadian
immigration form's, all those years ago.

Consider yourself a "marked man", WhoFlungPoo.

cheers.....Jeff

Aha. Zundel lied to get his immigration approved plus he published
and publicized his hatred for an identifiable ethnic group. They got
him on that. Of course having a Canadian Jewish Mafia helps a lot
too.

Me? I am having an excellent time messing you up without even trying.
And shame on you. You don't even know your own laws. Making empty
threats lowers your credibility in polite circles.
Old June 4th 08, 07:12 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:52:04 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

If the Chinese people are really lucky, one day they will be able to watch
the likes of CNN and decide for themselves whether or not they find the
reporting to their taste.

They watch CNN alright. Jack Cafferty found that out the last time he
made a slur and had to apologize. However, to really influence the
mass of oppressed Chinese CNN and other western media will have to
broadcast in Chinese. There's a 1.3 billion x 2 eyeballs there to
catch. Its a worthwhile investment to mess up their minds.

As for the rest of your rant if that's what you want to believe in
good luck to you. It makes an interesting world. Do keep chewing on
it when you eat your meals. Good for your ulcers.
Old June 4th 08, 07:22 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
William Black[_1_]

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
news
There's not one peep about the Chinese political system within China.

Well, there was a few years ago.

I wonder if they're out of jail yet?

The Government is genuinely popular and their policies have
practically unanimous support.

So why not have free and fair elections?

Watch the Beijing Olympics and see for
yourselves the genuine public mood in China today.

We will watch with interest, especially as they've just withdrawn one
'manual of behaviour' that was deeply offensive to disabled athletes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7433398.stm

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 4th 08, 07:27 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
William Black[_1_]

wrote:

If the Chinese people are really lucky, one day they will be able to watch
the likes of CNN and decide for themselves whether or not they find the
reporting to their taste.

They watch CNN alright. Jack Cafferty found that out the last time he
made a slur and had to apologize. However, to really influence the
mass of oppressed Chinese CNN and other western media will have to
broadcast in Chinese. There's a 1.3 billion x 2 eyeballs there to
catch. Its a worthwhile investment to mess up their minds.

Looks like they're doing what they want.

And upsetting loads of people.

I see the BBC, in it's usual understated way, is running the Chinese
government shills back at them and making them look bad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7313998.stm

Oh dear, China is playing with the big boys now, and is about to find out
the very nasty truth:

"Big boy's game, big boy's rules"...

The liberal intellectual thugs who run the BBC are about to make mincemeat
of your beloved propaganda apparatus.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 5th 08, 03:03 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
John Boyle

La N wrote:
"Vincent Brannigan" wrote in message
Wiley Post wrote:
In FfG0k.279$jN1.212@trnddc08, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

Dean A. Markley wrote:
Vincent Brannigan wrote:
PaPaPeng wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 18:31:12 GMT, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

PaPaPeng wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:52:02 GMT, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

I was personally involved (as a student) in Ping-Pong diplomacy
back in 1972
No doubt you were one of the original astronauts who landed on the
moon too.
No but I was the persons who initiated the contact with USTTA
president Steenhoven on behalf of UMCP Chancellor Charles Bishop to
help arrange the premier venue of the tour, the match at Cole Field
house. This was the only large venue inside the Washington beltway
(12,000 seats)

"1972: A ping-pong match between the United States and the People's
Republic of China is played at Cole, the first sporting event
between the two countries."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cole_Field_House

It was my first date with Dr. Ruth. We met Henry Kissinger

Vince
The 1972 ping pong diplomacy had a lot of press even if it is only
Cole Field House archives. Surely you can produce one of those
articles with your photo or name on it. Or did those make it to the
Mars Mission already. My initial impression of your claim was that
you were in the group that went to Beijing from Tokyo. Have you ever
been to Beijing or to China? If so or if not on what basis do claim
to speak of expertise on what is happening in China and the
prevailing
public mood there?
I do nothing for those who post with false names

Vince Brannigan

What a superb reply with that last sentence!

Dean
I just ignore toilet wall writers who refuse to provide a name
Actually, you don't start "ignoring" them until you get backed into a
logical corner, or can't force yourself to admit that someone else might
actually be right, and you wrong.

You're quite predictable, Vince.

nonsense

if they want to present logic or fact based argument no problem
when they lose and shift to nasty anonymous insults I
ignore them for the toilet wall writers they are

This anonymous coward, "Wiley Post", is yet another who hit my killfile from
the get go. Anonymous cowards who get sh*tcanned from post 1 include those
who post from anonymous remailers or those who usurp the names of deceased
celebrities.

- nilita

To ALL: You people are nuts to think another war, at this Time and with
the condition of out military without the draft, makes any sense! We do
NOT have the manpower to handle the alleged war, and without manpower
you can NOT do what is necessary! I am a Retired Army Sergeant with 21
yrs of service and One year in Vietnam, with a Bronze star to boot!