Off to the Alexis Park Inn tomorrow

Old June 30th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Off to the Alexis Park Inn tomorrow

Tomorrow (Friday) my two oldest boys, father, and I will be departing for a
vacation to Denver, flying across the US from NY State in the Bonanza.

Having been thoroughly manipulated G by all of Jay H's propaganda in this
newsgroup over the last four years, I decided enough was enough and planned
a layover tomorrow night in Iowa City, Iowa, to perhaps meet the man behind
the posts and the Inn.

I'll post a pirep of our stay after I return from the trip, sometime into
the second week of July.

--
Peter

Old June 30th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter R. wrote:
Tomorrow (Friday) my two oldest boys, father, and I will be departing for a
vacation to Denver, flying across the US from NY State in the Bonanza.

Having been thoroughly manipulated G by all of Jay H's propaganda in this
newsgroup over the last four years,

Yeah, me too. Happened last year and now it's a regular pre-OSH stop.
Jay's marketing plan just keeps sucking us all in :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old June 30th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2006-06-30, Peter R. wrote:

Having been thoroughly manipulated G by all of Jay H's propaganda in this
newsgroup over the last four years, I decided enough was enough and planned
a layover tomorrow night in Iowa City, Iowa, to perhaps meet the man behind
the posts and the Inn.

Welcome to a growing tradition. You will not be disappointed.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://bellsouthpwp2.net/e/d/edwinljohnson
Old June 30th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Edwin Johnson wrote:

Welcome to a growing tradition. You will not be disappointed.

Jim, Jack, and Edwin, thanks. However, GA just let me down:

While taxiing to the runway from my home airport today to start the trip,
my HSI would not lock on to the magnetic heading. The HSI continued to
spin around and around.

We have an avionics shop on the field, so I taxied back over to the shop to
have the tech look over the system. One hour later, the verdict was in:
Apparently my S-Tech HSI gyro failed and needs to be replaced.

End of trip before it even started. What a let-down.

--
Peter
Old June 30th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

End of trip before it even started. What a let-down.

Couldn't go VFR? More stuff, more stuff to go wrong.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old June 30th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Peter R." wrote in message
Edwin Johnson wrote:

End of trip before it even started. What a let-down.

Hope Jay doesn't whack you with a cancellation fee

Old June 30th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Jose wrote:

Couldn't go VFR? More stuff, more stuff to go wrong.

Honestly, I was originally concerned about the back end of the trip, but
now I am considering VFR. Weather looks like it will allow it.

--
Peter
Old June 30th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Jim Burns wrote:

Can you reschedule your vacation and head to OSH? or had you also planned on
doing OSH?

No, I hadn't planned on OSH this year. Some year, yes. However, I am
reconsidering the trip VFR. Today and tomorrow look pretty good after all.

--
Peter