UNLINK

Old January 20th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ward Dossche

Default UNLINK

To: Allen Prunty
ALLEN,

PLEASE UNLINK THIS IDIOTIC NEWSGROUP FROM THE "AVIATION"-ECHO.

WE DO NOT NEED THIS COLLECTION OF INFANTILE NAMECALLERS HERE.

THANK YOU FOR COMPLYING WITH THIS FRIENDLY REQUEST.

WARD DOSSCHE

--- D'Bridge 2.94
* Origin: Many Glacier -o=O=o- Preserve - Protect - Conserve (2:292/854)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Win32 NewsLink 1.85
* Derby City LiveWire BBS - Lousiville, KY - telnet://derbycitybbs.com
Old January 20th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Ward Dossche wrote:
To: Allen Prunty
ALLEN,

PLEASE UNLINK THIS IDIOTIC NEWSGROUP FROM THE "AVIATION"-ECHO.

WE DO NOT NEED THIS COLLECTION OF INFANTILE NAMECALLERS HERE.

THANK YOU FOR COMPLYING WITH THIS FRIENDLY REQUEST.

WARD DOSSCHE

Please locate the caps lock key on your keyboard and disengage so you
don't look like quite such an idiot yourself.
Old January 21st 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen Prunty[_2_]

To: Ward Dossche
UNLINK
By: Ward Dossche to Allen Prunty on Sun Jan 20 2008 06:01 pm

ALLEN,

PLEASE UNLINK THIS IDIOTIC NEWSGROUP FROM THE "AVIATION"-ECHO.

WE DO NOT NEED THIS COLLECTION OF INFANTILE NAMECALLERS HERE.

THANK YOU FOR COMPLYING WITH THIS FRIENDLY REQUEST.

WARD DOSSCHE

Ward...,

I can't agree more no need to shout. If this is a cross-section of what we
currently have piloting the skies then we have a lot to worry with.

This is linked to a group that is reputed to have "Professional" pilots in
it... and I have seen the following very disgusting unprofessional messages.

1. Making fun and calling the heathrow pilots idiots.

I had an old military flight instructor that told me that ANY landing
you can walk away from the plane is a good landing... a one that you
can reuse the plane is an excellent landing.

Those guys are heros in my books... there could have been a lot of
deaths.

2. Name calling amongst each other... very awful.

3. And the nastiness... I try to filter the spam and know that occasionally
something will slip but I get 95% of it.

This is my swan song... this link is removed from Fido... and it saddens me to
see so-called "Professional" pilots behaving in this manner.
Old January 21st 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

"Allen Prunty" -a4z-this wrote in
:

To: Ward Dossche
UNLINK
By: Ward Dossche to Allen Prunty on Sun Jan 20 2008 06:01 pm

ALLEN,

PLEASE UNLINK THIS IDIOTIC NEWSGROUP FROM THE "AVIATION"-ECHO.

WE DO NOT NEED THIS COLLECTION OF INFANTILE NAMECALLERS HERE.

THANK YOU FOR COMPLYING WITH THIS FRIENDLY REQUEST.

WARD DOSSCHE

Ward...,

I can't agree more no need to shout. If this is a cross-section of
what we currently have piloting the skies then we have a lot to worry
with.

This is linked to a group that is reputed to have "Professional"
pilots in it... and I have seen the following very disgusting
unprofessional messages.

1. Making fun and calling the heathrow pilots idiots.

Well, I haven't seen any pro pilots here or anywhere else do that.

Seen some idiot planespotters doing it alright.

I had an old military flight instructor that told me that ANY
landing you can walk away from the plane is a good landing... a
one that you can reuse the plane is an excellent landing.

Those guys are heros in my books... there could have been a lot of
deaths.

2. Name calling amongst each other... very awful.

I havent seen any pro pilots call any other pro pilots names.

Idiots get called names plenty, for good reason....

3. And the nastiness...

Yeah, pro pilots are never nasty RL...

Bertie
Old January 21st 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Allen Prunty" wrote

This is linked to a group that is reputed to have "Professional" pilots in
it... and I have seen the following very disgusting unprofessional
messages.

1. Making fun and calling the heathrow pilots idiots.

I had an old military flight instructor that told me that ANY landing
you can walk away from the plane is a good landing... a one that you
can reuse the plane is an excellent landing.

Yep; they done real good, in my book, too. I gotta believe they will find a
hardware or software glitch somewhere, that caused the engines to crap out
at a time that was nearly impossible to detect, and a real bad time to do
something about it. They could not have been any more than 15 seconds from
a normal touchdown, and less, as it played out-if reports on when the poop
hit the wind machine are correct.

Those guys are heros in my books... there could have been a lot of
deaths.

2. Name calling amongst each other... very awful.

Hey, this is the wild west of the internet - newsgroups. There are a lot
worse groups than this one.

Not that I condone the behaviour, at present. But... , don't condem
everyone for a few bad apples. It is really just a few very vocal jerks,
driving the behavior lower, and lower.

Part of the dynamics at play are that we have one or more mentally disturbed
kooks that will not go away, and it has had the place in an uproar for
several months now. Good people leave, and kooks that would rather call
names seem to replace them, seemingly attracted by the carnage, like
vultures at a death.

Don't lose all hope. Most here are still good people, at heart.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 21st 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 20, 9:41 pm, "Morgans" wrote:

Part of the dynamics at play are that we have one or more mentally disturbed
kooks that will not go away, and it has had the place in an uproar for
several months now. Good people leave, and kooks that would rather call
names seem to replace them, seemingly attracted by the carnage, like
vultures at a death.

Don't lose all hope. Most here are still good people, at heart.
--
Jim in NC

You've hit at the heart of the newsgroup dynamic -- volume and vitriol
often overwhelms reason.

I feel like I should do an IMSAFE check before logging on.

That said, the stupidity is rather easily ignored, and if you can see
past some boorish reactions you can glean some food for thought.

I won't say "information" because nothing in a newsgroup should be
taken as gospel -- especially in aviation.

Consider what's written, test it, discuss it with your local peers and
experts.

But don't fly or operate differently because you read "how to do it"
in a newsgroup.

Dan

Old January 21st 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Allen Prunty" wrote

[...]

Don't be so hard on yourself Jim

Bertie
Old January 21st 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Part of the dynamics at play are that we have one or more mentally
disturbed kooks that will not go away, and it has had the place in an
uproar for several months now. Good people leave, and kooks that would
rather call names seem to replace them, seemingly attracted by the
carnage, like vultures at a death.

Well put, Jim.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 21st 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:llVkj.309228
$Fc.148813@attbi_s21:

Part of the dynamics at play are that we have one or more mentally
disturbed kooks that will not go away, and it has had the place in an
uproar for several months now. Good people leave, and kooks that would
rather call names seem to replace them, seemingly attracted by the
carnage, like vultures at a death.

Well put, Jim.

And hypocrite number 2 weighs in

Bertie