Scott Crossfield

Old September 17th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler

Default Scott Crossfield

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196146

"An air traffic controller didn’t tell Scott Crossfield he was headed
for a storm, but then Crossfield didn’t ask, either."

The avweb article links to this Washington Post story:

I think I read in the NTSB preliminary report that Scott had an XM
weather subscription. Since I'm a user of the XM product, I'd be
interested in knowing whether he was displaying the NEXRAD in the
cockpit, and what it showed.

DGB

Old September 17th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,alt.diasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
WhoGivesAFig?

Dave Butler wrote:
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196146

"An air traffic controller didn’t tell Scott Crossfield he was headed
for a storm, but then Crossfield didn’t ask, either."

The avweb article links to this Washington Post story:

I think I read in the NTSB preliminary report that Scott had an XM
weather subscription. Since I'm a user of the XM product, I'd be
interested in knowing whether he was displaying the NEXRAD in the
cockpit, and what it showed.

DGB

Don't forget the AFSS briefings and service is **** now that
contractors and the FAA have turned the AFSS service into a
cluster **** giant turd. Also notice most of the EFAS and
AFSS frequencies in Georgia(Along Scott's flight path) stay
broke all the time.

I am sure that did not help the situation

It does make you feel better however the FAA continues to
fund and expand their Civil Rights staff and send Black
employees to resort spas and keeps "Kissing the Black Ass"

Who cares about aviation safety as long as the minorities
are all warm and fuzzy huh???

The FAA and the AFSS contractors pay their technicians over
$75,000 a year but they can't repair a simple ****ing radio
or Nav-Aid facility??

Sad

KFTY FULTON COUNTY AIRPORT-BROWN FIELD
09/009 - EFAS OUTLET 122.0 OTS WIE UNTIL UFN
(Been OTS for months)

KPDK DEKALB-PEACHTREE-06/012 - VOR VOICE OTS WIE UNTIL
UFN(Been OTS for months)

KRMG RICHARD B RUSSELL
08/006 - OYD NDB OTS WIE UNTIL UFN(Been OTS for months)

KCSG COLUMBUS METROPOLITAN
08/036 - RCO 122.65 OTS WIE UNTIL UFN

KDBN W H 'BUD' BARRON
07/378 - RCO 122.6 OTS WIE UNTIL UFN

KVNA VIENNA
08/305 - EFAS OUTLET 122.0 OTS WIE UNTIL UFN

Your "New Politically Correct" FAA

Old September 17th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196146

"An air traffic controller didn’t tell Scott Crossfield he was headed for
a storm, but then Crossfield didn’t ask, either."

He probably didn't ask if he was on a collision course with a UFO, either.

Old September 17th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,alt.diasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091501434.html I
think I read in the NTSB preliminary report that Scott had an XM weather
subscription. Since I'm a user of the XM product, I'd be interested in
knowing whether he was displaying the NEXRAD in the cockpit, and what it
showed.

DGB

Don't forget the AFSS briefings and service is **** now that contractors
and the FAA have turned the AFSS service into a cluster **** giant turd.
Also notice most of the EFAS and AFSS frequencies in Georgia(Along Scott's
flight path) stay broke all the time.

Evidently, it wasn't all that great before hand, either.

Old September 17th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,alt.diasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Dave Butler wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, it's mostly the same people.

Old September 17th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,alt.diasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
WhoGivesAFig?

Dave Butler wrote:
[...]

But different management and more animosity with the FAA
people who must provide the facility interconnect. Remember,
Air Traffic controllers are worthless if the computer and
communication equipment is not working properly.

Scott Crossfield WhoGivesAFig? Piloting 4 September 17th 07 06:54 PM
Scott Crossfield Bryan Soaring 17 April 28th 06 02:53 AM
Scott Crossfield R.I.P. Joe Delphi Naval Aviation 14 April 26th 06 10:17 AM
Scott Crossfield Tribute Jay Honeck Piloting 0 April 26th 06 05:45 AM
Scott Crossfield missing BillJ Instrument Flight Rules 9 April 22nd 06 02:41 AM