A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What have we learned from all this?

Old February 22nd 21, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Carris[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 5:41:13 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:53:40 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:07:46 PM UTC-5, Mark Mocho wrote:
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt famously declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

How naïve. If he had only realized how fear could be such a useful tool for those in power. Merely by promoting fear, the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights can be tossed in the trash. The precedent has been set so that in the future, the citizenry can be ordered to behave like sheep, with the most sheep-ish recruited to chastise, shame and otherwise finger-wag the rest of us into compliance.

"Independence Day" will now only be referred to as "July 4." However, the anniversary of the date the Government declared an emergency for a virus with a 99.8% SURVIVAL rate will be hereafter "celebrated" as "Dependence Day," with festivities canceled and all citizens ordered to spend 24 hours in a Styrofoam box with CNN or MSNBC on the tube. Failure to observe this "holiday" will result in having your work declared non-essential and your "emergency benefits" curtailed.

Well stated!

John Godfrey
7:37 PM (1 minute ago)
to
As Eric said "You are ignoring the excess deaths and unusually large number of hospitalizations during the
last 12 months. These can not be explained by misreported causes of death.. "
We seem to be a very selfish people, looking only at "what is the immediate risk to me personally" and ignoring (or dismissing as not real) the risk to the infrastructure that supports us. Sigh

I was never really worried about getting sick with the Sars 2 virus, although I did get tested once because my wife came in contact with infected clients through her work as did my son, who lives at home. I recently received both Pfizer vaccines. The second one gave me mild to moderate flu syptoms for 3 days or so. A physician friend works in the ICU at the local University Hospital ICU ward, and it has been a horror show for her. I think it is wise to get vaccinated to speed up the herd immunity, if not to protect yourself.
Old February 22nd 21, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 8:11:14 PM UTC-5, Mike Carris wrote:
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt famously declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

How naïve. If he had only realized how fear could be such a useful tool for those in power. Merely by promoting fear, the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights can be tossed in the trash. The precedent has been set so that in the future, the citizenry can be ordered to behave like sheep, with the most sheep-ish recruited to chastise, shame and otherwise finger-wag the rest of us into compliance.

"Independence Day" will now only be referred to as "July 4." However, the anniversary of the date the Government declared an emergency for a virus with a 99.8% SURVIVAL rate will be hereafter "celebrated" as "Dependence Day," with festivities canceled and all citizens ordered to spend 24 hours in a Styrofoam box with CNN or MSNBC on the tube. Failure to observe this "holiday" will result in having your work declared non-essential and your "emergency benefits" curtailed.
Well stated!

John Godfrey
to
As Eric said "You are ignoring the excess deaths and unusually large number of hospitalizations during the
last 12 months. These can not be explained by misreported causes of death. "
We seem to be a very selfish people, looking only at "what is the immediate risk to me personally" and ignoring (or dismissing as not real) the risk to the infrastructure that supports us. Sigh

I was never really worried about getting sick with the Sars 2 virus, although I did get tested once because my wife came in contact with infected clients through her work as did my son, who lives at home. I recently received both Pfizer vaccines. The second one gave me mild to moderate flu syptoms for 3 days or so. A physician friend works in the ICU at the local University Hospital ICU ward, and it has been a horror show for her. I think it is wise to get vaccinated to speed up the herd immunity, if not to protect yourself.

I also have been concerned, because the numbers speak for themselves lets face it, Florida has been and still is a hotbed. The numbers seem to go up and down like an OLC trace. After 40 years my wife basically walked away from the dental office, we both felt concerned about the possibility of infection. Taking the jab was and is the only logical thing to do that can provide some degree of protection. Am I still concerned, yes, has this pandemic altered most everyone's lives, yes.
After my first jab I did have an ich that I feel was associated with the vaccine, after speaking with my neighbor he stated that he had the same type reaction that lasted for about three days. I am set to get my second jab on March 6th, guess I will be expecting some type of reaction as well, but I also hope that it provides a bigger degree of protection.
Old February 22nd 21, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 10:44:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Well stated!
John Godfrey
to

I also have been concerned, because the numbers speak for themselves lets face it, Florida has been and still is a hotbed. The numbers seem to go up and down like an OLC trace. After 40 years my wife basically walked away from the dental office, we both felt concerned about the possibility of infection. Taking the jab was and is the only logical thing to do that can provide some degree of protection. Am I still concerned, yes, has this pandemic altered most everyone's lives, yes.
After my first jab I did have an ich that I feel was associated with the vaccine, after speaking with my neighbor he stated that he had the same type reaction that lasted for about three days. I am set to get my second jab on March 6th, guess I will be expecting some type of reaction as well, but I also hope that it provides a bigger degree of protection.

Bob why do you believe the numbers when so much related to cov-aids has been dishonest? Might they not be trying to rule you with fear? Where is the logic of taking an unproven genetic modification treatment? Does anyone prefer GMO food? So then why would you GMO yourself with the jab?
Old February 22nd 21, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 11:14:43 PM UTC-5, Gregg Ballou wrote:

Well stated!
John Godfrey
to

Bob why do you believe the numbers when so much related to cov-aids has been dishonest? Might they not be trying to rule you with fear? Where is the logic of taking an unproven genetic modification treatment? Does anyone prefer GMO food? So then why would you GMO yourself with the jab?

Gregg, I thought long and hard prior to getting the jab, I did lots of research about RNA, I do understand the risk. At this stage of life what do we have to fear except fear itself. I had a long discussion with my DR'S prior to taking the jab and after those discussions decided to go forward. My system has been compromised because of four cancer surgeries during the last 15 months. I am doing great, but with a weakened system I doubt that I could survive a bad case of COVID. So, you roll the dice, take the jab and understand what the end result may or may not be, not being like one of those motor glider guys and gals, I do not have a motor to get me out of life threatening trouble, rather, it is what it is.
I don't know about you, but I took the Salt Polio Vaccine as a young kid, that vaccine was as controversial as any vaccine ever developed, yet it saved many people from that terrible disease. Yes, the numbers have been skewed, only for political reasons and that in and of itself is a huge problem.
Take care and hopefully flying your sailplane will give all of us a venue to relax and get back to what we enjoy the most. Bob
Old February 22nd 21, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l
external usenet poster

On Monday, 22 February 2021 at 04:14:43 UTC, Gregg Ballou wrote:

You seem to be someone trying to promote denial and fear.

At the time of one of my previous posts on here I was watching a documentary about the first two months of the virus in the USA. Trump was predicting back to normal by [last] Easter, someone in a medical management position in New York was being asked advice about ordering more wood for coffins, and someone from the gun lobby was saying the USA is the only country in the world which puts individual liberty before the state.
Old February 22nd 21, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey
external usenet poster

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 7:54:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 11:14:43 PM UTC-5, Gregg Ballou wrote:

Well stated!
John Godfrey
to

Gregg, I thought long and hard prior to getting the jab, I did lots of research about RNA, I do understand the risk. At this stage of life what do we have to fear except fear itself. I had a long discussion with my DR'S prior to taking the jab and after those discussions decided to go forward. My system has been compromised because of four cancer surgeries during the last 15 months. I am doing great, but with a weakened system I doubt that I could survive a bad case of COVID. So, you roll the dice, take the jab and understand what the end result may or may not be, not being like one of those motor glider guys and gals, I do not have a motor to get me out of life threatening trouble, rather, it is what it is.
I don't know about you, but I took the Salt Polio Vaccine as a young kid, that vaccine was as controversial as any vaccine ever developed, yet it saved many people from that terrible disease. Yes, the numbers have been skewed, only for political reasons and that in and of itself is a huge problem.
Take care and hopefully flying your sailplane will give all of us a venue to relax and get back to what we enjoy the most. Bob

Gregg, unless you believe that the raw body count (from any cause) has been forged, all you need to do is look at that number vs what would normally be expected to see that the body count is up by over 450K in the last year. Arguing about which ones are COVID or not is not necessary. There have been no other major disasters that explain that death increase other than the direct and indirect impact of COVID.
Old February 22nd 21, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RR
external usenet poster

So then why would you GMO yourself with the jab?

This seems pretty simple. You can inoculate with live virus (catch covid) or dead virus (get the shot).
Now I understand the mRNA mechanism so let me rephrase. You can have you cellular machinery hijacked to produce harmless spike protein to arm your immune system or you can have your cellular machinery hijacked by live virus to produce more live virus and hopefully arm your immune system before its too late. Your call.
Old February 22nd 21, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech
external usenet poster

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 9:12:54 AM UTC-5, RR wrote:

This seems pretty simple. You can inoculate with live virus (catch covid) or dead virus (get the shot).
Now I understand the mRNA mechanism so let me rephrase. You can have you cellular machinery hijacked to produce harmless spike protein to arm your immune system or you can have your cellular machinery hijacked by live virus to produce more live virus and hopefully arm your immune system before its too late. Your call.

RR, A well put description of what is happening with the RNA vaccines! Why are so many people here not following science? Soaring is half science!
Old February 22nd 21, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech
external usenet poster

FYI, after getting your 2nd vaccine shot some people are experiencing a fever and other symptoms of fighting an infection. This is more common in people under 55, having stronger immune responses, which excludes many of us on this forum. However taking vitamin D3 daily, for at least a week or two before the shot may prevent this from happening. Why? Because vitamin D has been found to modulate the bodies immune response so that it does not make more inflammatory cytokines than are required to fight the virus. Many of the negative effects of any infection are caused by our bodies fighting it. Because we live and work indoors most residents of Europe and North America are vitamin D deficient. Taking vitamin D3 is an inexpensive and easy way to remedy this. Have your level checked during your next blood test. Should be 30 to 70 ng/ml.
Old February 22nd 21, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 9:12:54 AM UTC-5, RR wrote:

Unless that spike protein production goes into an overdrive, then the game is over.