Cessna's response to negative feedback on Skycatcher being builtin China

Old January 6th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andreus

Default Cessna's response to negative feedback on Skycatcher being built in China

While I have no desire to get in between you and the flight sim guy, here is
why lead was removed from auto fuel.

https://courses.washington.edu/uconj...leman_2000.pdf

I remains in aviation fuel because of the requirements of safety, especially
in turbocharged piston aviation engines, and the slow rate of the approval
process for replacement fuels. The corn growers association says they have
the answer, and I'm sure they wouldn't try to gloss over any shortcomiongs
just to make money.

http://www.ncga.com/ethanol/pdfs/200...%207.28.06.pdf

We do come into contact with fuel so it is possible to meet up with a little
TEL, I'll worry when the high time pilots start showing symptoms.

"Airbus" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Airbus writes:

What "route" would that be?

Inhaling lead-containing fuel additives, such as tetraethyl lead.

When and how do we inhale significant amounts of these?
Why are these additives in the fuel in the first place?

I would like you to explain to us what was the impetus for removing lead
from automotive fuels, and why it has remained in aviation fuel. Please
be specific - inquiring minds are starved for your precious information,
assuming this is one of the many subjects you have "already studied". . .

Old January 6th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
The way the cowards continue to blow up our soldiers and civilian support
people with suicide bombs, they deserve no protection, either. The fact
that they are still kept alive is more than they deserve.

Conveniently forgetting how many prisoners have been found innocent and
eligible for release but are still being held there, of course...
Old January 6th 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Morgans schrieb:
"James Sleeman" wrote

The US Government has consistently proclaimed that these are not
Prisoners of War.

Right. They are fighting in a war that is being fought by an arm without
the support a government. They are our enemies, all the same, and they
were fighting, thus they are called enemy combatants.

In which cave have you lived that you have missed all the reports about
innocent people there (and all other disgusting stuff)?

If they would do so, it wouldn't be half the problem it is for the US now,
except of course, they wouldn't be able to torture the prisoners any more.

Not true. Since they are not in an army supported by a country that signed
the Geneva Convention, they have no protection.

come on! don't come with international treaties! not you as an American.
The USA must accept authority of the international court first - then,
only then you *might* have a say.

The way the cowards continue to blow up our soldiers and civilian support

What would you do if some foreign troops (without declaring war or
anything else international recognised) comes to your place and demand
that they have every say and that you are nothing but a ****ing
nonbeliever (and worser things)? Can you seriously come up with some
arguments what YOU would do?

people with suicide bombs, they deserve no protection, either. The fact
that they are still kept alive is more than they deserve.

No wonder they love you so much.

#m
Old January 6th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Morgans writes:

The way the cowards continue to blow up our soldiers and civilian support
people with suicide bombs, they deserve no protection, either. The fact
that they are still kept alive is more than they deserve.

How do you know that they are guilty of anything? They haven't even been
charged.
Old January 6th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Airbus writes:

When and how do we inhale significant amounts of these?

They are exhausted into the air by engines that use leaded fuel. We then
inhale the air and the lead it contains.

Why are these additives in the fuel in the first place?

To prevent detonation (knocking).

I would like you to explain to us what was the impetus for removing lead
from automotive fuels, and why it has remained in aviation fuel.

Lead was removed from automotive fuels because it is toxic. I presume that it
remains in aviation fuels because the difficulty of eliminating it entirely
and ensuring that the resulting fuels and engines would remain safe is thought
to be greater than the risk from lead in the fuel.
Old January 6th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Andreus writes:

We do come into contact with fuel so it is possible to meet up with a little
TEL, I'll worry when the high time pilots start showing symptoms.

In the case of heavy-metal poisoning, when symptoms appear it may be too late.
This is most true with very young victims, as the poisoning may cause
permanent neurological damage including mental retardation, blindness, etc.

Among adults, clinical manifestations of lead poisoning due to lead in fuel
have not been observed in the general population, as far as I know, but higher
lead levels in vivo for this population have been documented. The effects of
these higher but still low levels is indeterminate. What is known is that
young people are much more sensitive to this type of poisoning, and even if
adults are not significantly affected by it, children might be.

Thus, getting rid of the lead is a good idea. It will come to aviation in
time as well.
Old January 6th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Morgans writes:

The way the cowards continue to blow up our soldiers and civilian
support people with suicide bombs, they deserve no protection,
either. The fact that they are still kept alive is more than they
deserve.

How do you know that they are guilty of anything? They haven't even
been charged.

Waht do you care?

Bertie

Skycatcher IFR? Matt Whiting Owning 57 November 26th 07 11:59 PM
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" Jim Logajan Piloting 107 September 23rd 07 01:18 AM
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" Jim Logajan Owning 110 September 23rd 07 01:18 AM
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" miffich Piloting 1 July 24th 07 12:04 AM
how to cope with negative g´s? Markus Aerobatics 6 July 2nd 05 12:00 AM