Dreamlifter at Prestwick

Old April 25th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Doug Maclean

Default Dreamlifter at Prestwick

Posted on http://www.saap.co.uk/

Carrying B787 a horizontal stabiliser manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica for
the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dreamlifter 3.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	10571
Old April 26th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"Doug Maclean" wrote in message
Posted on http://www.saap.co.uk/

Carrying B787 a horizontal stabiliser manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica
for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Hey, I might get to see that thing in person soon... I start working for
Boeing Everett in 1 month. I'll make sure I take my camera and all the
pictures I can get away with while I'm there.

Luke

Old April 26th 07, 01:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith[_2_]

Carrying B787 a horizontal stabiliser manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica
for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Only one?
Old April 26th 07, 07:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Old April 26th 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

In article , Glenn
wrote:

Is this like Boeings attempt at an A380 ?

I keep saying..... It wouldn't take much to put in two sets of windows
and seats and make it a double decker.

Already certified, in production, proven track record.

Imagine if they beat airbus at their own game.
Old April 26th 07, 06:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Guybrush Threepwood

shiver wrote:
In article , Glenn
wrote:

Is this like Boeings attempt at an A380 ?

I keep saying..... It wouldn't take much to put in two sets of windows
and seats and make it a double decker.

Already certified, in production, proven track record.

Imagine if they beat airbus at their own game.

....there I have some doubts on the DOCs and it is not certified to transport passengers, which is alot of work....
The transformation from B747 to dreamlifter was by EVA Air, Thaiwan.

--

Gruß Guybrush

Old April 26th 07, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Guybrush Threepwood wrote:

...there I have some doubts on the DOCs and it is not certified to transport
passengers, which is alot of work....
The transformation from B747 to dreamlifter was by EVA Air, Thaiwan.

Yuupers.... And while it's making all those long range intercontinental
trips carrying parts it will certainly be in a good position to act as
a proof of concept design for a double decker.
Old April 26th 07, 08:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jack G[_2_]

Boeing does not want to beat Airbus at their own game - which is hub to hub.
Airlines and passengers want point to point - which is why the 787 is a
sellout and the A380 is loosing orders...

The Dream lifter is strictly a freighter for oversize parts. No commonality
with the full double decker 747 that is ready and waiting if the market
demands it, or so I've heard...

Jack G.
Everett WA

Old April 26th 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

So curious question to the group.

Fully kitted out... which has the longer range.

The Airbus 380 or a 747.