Any landing you can walk away from...

Old June 28th 04, 05:53 AM
Anthony

"B2431" wrote in message

So Zoom is like Al Gore but far more annoying?

Tony

He makes Al "I invented the internet" Bore look like a novice. The only

good
things zoom has done is to provide hours of entertainment and he's never

run
for public office.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Thanks, I get the picture.

Tony

Old June 28th 04, 11:27 PM
Corrie

From: Richard Riley

Date: 6/26/2004 1:53 AM Central Daylight Time
Naaa, this one's bad anyway.

http://www.gravett.org/tm/archives/ChinaAirlines.wmv

I wonder how many cases of whiplash.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Saw this in a beer commercial a while ago and fisked out where the
CGFX and editing had been done.
Old June 29th 04, 06:18 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Anthony" wrote in message ...
"B2431" wrote in message

... he makes accusations and threatens law suits.

So Zoom is like Al Gore but far more annoying?

By any chance do you refer to Bush v. Gore?

--

FF
Old June 30th 04, 12:35 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Anthony says...

The only good things zoom has done is to provide hours of entertainment and
he's never run for public office.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Thank goodness he never ran for office and he does provide entertainment to the
aviation masses who are aware of "his phoniness". But sadly he has also hurt a
great number of people financially and personally with his antics. To those
folks he's more than just a quaint buffoon. I hope he gets all he deserves.

Bet you a nickle he won't be on "any" chase planes for the next Rutan flight....
Just a hunch..

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

"credibility it was always about credibility and zoom has none." chuck s

Old June 30th 04, 07:57 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , B2431 says...
Chuck, I apologize for trivializing the fool. I know what he's done to you and
others.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Hey Dan
No apology necessary but I appreciate the offer. Fact is, he does have a certain
entertainment value to go along with his vindictive nature. Hell!!He's amazing
....ask him... he makes me laugh when he starts pontificating on his greatness
LOL!!!

Take care

Chuck(Father of an USAF retired son) S

Old July 1st 04, 05:54 AM
Fred the Red Shirt

(B2431) wrote in message ...
From:
(Fred the Red Shirt)

Al Bore's name was invoked in reference to his claims of inventing the

internet
etc.

Anthony,

I thought maybe you were commenting on the part Dan said about lawsuits,
rather than wild claims.

As you know, the story about Al Gore claiming to have 'invented' the
internet, is just as fictional as Dan Quayle wishing he'd learned Latin
better in school so he could talk to folks in Latin America.

The funniest picture of Quayle was of him in South America holding an RPG
launcher backwards whil a local general was standing behind him getting ready
to crack up.

I heard of, but did not see film footage of, Quayle playing with a
somewhat anatomically correct, though perhaps exagerrated, male doll
with an articulated, well, you get the idea, during one of his trips
South of the Border. Evidently it was a traditional folk item, related
to fertility perhaps.

I saw a clip on TV where Al Bore DID claim to have invented the internet. I
know he didn't mean it that way. I believe he was in Congress in the 1970s and
voted for funding for the internet.

Respectfully, I don't trust your memory. Perhaps you saw a clip of
Gore saying: "During my service in the United States Congress, I
took the initiative in creating the Internet. "

see:
http://www.dailyhowler.com/h032699_1.shtml
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...004.parry.html
http://commons.somewhere.com/rre/200....the.Inte.html
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.htm

Though off hand it is hard to find a lie told about Gore that is
quite as bad as the lie about GWB being AWOL.

Of course I was waiting to see if Anthony would make a false claim
that Gore sued during the Florida election fiasco. As you know,
it was Bush who sued for, and obtained, injunctive relief to halt
the examination of machine-rejected ballots in Bush v Gore. Although,
the characterization of the USSC decision as a mercy killing was apt.
Too bad the terminally ill patient was Democracy.

--

FF