JPI Data Encryption?

Old April 24th 05, 03:29 AM
CSnyder

Default JPI Data Encryption?

Seems sometime last year JPI decided to eliminate the ability of it's
scanners to export data in the widely used CSV (comma separated fields)
format. When a unit is sent in for upgrade or repair they silently make
this change to the firmware.

The only thing you can use to plot your data is their software. Won't
export to Exel, any other database or any other trend monitoring software.

JPI recently started a web board. This issue has been raised on that board.
The sysadmin has been deleting the threads about as fast as they pop up.

Take a look at http://www.jpitech.com/messageboard/index.php. The most
recent thread was under 'Unbelievable'. Probably gone by now.

As of 1015 EDT, they took the web board down again. Interesting attitude
towards customers who pay a premium for their products.

Old April 24th 05, 04:10 AM
CSnyder

Site still down. Here is a link to the latest thread. All the posters
seemed pretty civil.

http://www.jpitech.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=15

Old April 24th 05, 04:14 AM
kage

"CSnyder" wrote in message
.. .
Seems sometime last year JPI decided to eliminate the ability of it's

From the JPI web site:

Please note that JPI's EDM download software has changed and will no longer
download into Egview programs. In order to develop more complex software for
the EDM's it was necessary to change. In an effort to enhance our systems
which include the new EDM - 900 and the 930 series, JPI had to change its
protocol to have one-common software. We are sorry if this has caused any
inconvenience. If you have purchased a copy of the Egview software, send it
to JPI and we will exchange it for a free copy of EzPlot II. A FREE copy of
the EzPlot I software is available for download.

So, what is the problem?

Old April 24th 05, 05:37 AM
Peter R.

CSnyder wrote:

The only thing you can use to plot your data is their software. Won't
export to Exel, any other database or any other trend monitoring software.

Not true. I am able to copy the data from the table in the new software
(freeware version) and paste it directly into Excel.

A bit tedious, yes, but the ability is there.

--
Peter

Old April 24th 05, 02:27 PM
Jon A.

Be careful what you say about JPI. They're bullies and very sue
happy. Fargin' NAZI's! Maybe it's time to start recirculating those
"NO JPI" Tshirts.

Old April 24th 05, 02:38 PM
Jon A.

On 23 Apr 2005 20:10:07 -0700, "CSnyder"
wrote:

http://www.jpitech.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=15

Very interesting. Obviously the moderator is one of those full-of-
**** types and his attempt to put a spin on everything is just ****in'
more folks off. This newsgroup info may be the worst thing that's
happened to them so far. I'll predict that someone enters this forum
and try to defend their actions, only to be beaten and bloodied by the
users. IIRC, trying to reason with this company is impossible.
Where's my Tshirt!

And if you've ever seen the competition's software, you would know why
JPI did this.

Old April 24th 05, 02:44 PM
Jon A.

Have a look at something that really rocks.

http://www.egtrends.com/

Now that you know that someone's built a supercharger for your engine
analyzer info, realize that JPI has altered their software so that
this can't be used. Can you better understand the problem?

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:14:00 -0700, "kage"
wrote:

"CSnyder" wrote in message
. ..
Seems sometime last year JPI decided to eliminate the ability of it's

From the JPI web site:

Old April 24th 05, 10:53 PM
Matt Barrow

Ever hear of a filter?

"Jon A." wrote in message
Have a look at something that really rocks.

http://www.egtrends.com/

Now that you know that someone's built a supercharger for your engine
analyzer info, realize that JPI has altered their software so that
this can't be used. Can you better understand the problem?

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:14:00 -0700, "kage"
wrote:

"CSnyder" wrote in message
. ..
Seems sometime last year JPI decided to eliminate the ability of it's

From the JPI web site:

Old April 25th 05, 12:42 AM
Jon A.

Fuel? Oil?

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:53:46 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Ever hear of a filter?

"Jon A." wrote in message
.. .
Have a look at something that really rocks.

http://www.egtrends.com/

Now that you know that someone's built a supercharger for your engine
analyzer info, realize that JPI has altered their software so that
this can't be used. Can you better understand the problem?

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:14:00 -0700, "kage"
wrote:

"CSnyder" wrote in message
. ..
Seems sometime last year JPI decided to eliminate the ability of it's

From the JPI web site:

Old April 25th 05, 12:48 AM
Newps

Jon A. wrote:

Be careful what you say about JPI. They're bullies and very sue
happy. Fargin' NAZI's! Maybe it's time to start recirculating those
"NO JPI" Tshirts.

JPI is getting absolutely killed on the Cessna Pilots Assoc website
message boards because of their anti customer positions. Hard to
believe they could be so stupid.