Garmin 430/530 and WAAS: Delayed again?

Old June 9th 05, 04:32 AM
Mike Rapoport

Well here is news for you:

I have certified terrain (TAWS) on my 530.

Mike
MU-2

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Andrew,

I thought that certified terrain for the 530, and noncertified for the
430,
were already available. No?

Would be news to me.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 9th 05, 10:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Mike and all,

Cool, thanks! I must have missed that. I'll check with Garmin regarding
the 430, which is my primary interest.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 9th 05, 02:32 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Mike and all,

Cool, thanks! I must have missed that. I'll check with Garmin regarding
the 430, which is my primary interest.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

There wasn't room in the 430 to install the certified terrain with all of
its voice annunciation.

Mike
MU-2

Old June 9th 05, 04:14 PM
Thomas Borchert

Mike,

There wasn't room in the 430 to install the certified terrain with all of
its voice annunciation.

I didn't ask for that. Just showing terrain á la Garmin 296 would be enough,
thank you ;-)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 9th 05, 05:32 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Mike,

There wasn't room in the 430 to install the certified terrain with all of
its voice annunciation.

I didn't ask for that. Just showing terrain á la Garmin 296 would be
enough,
thank you ;-)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

It is coming. Since TAWS is required by AD on a lot of aircraft this
March, they focused on certifying it initially. Hopefully terrain for the
430 will be out soon

Mike
MU-2

Old June 10th 05, 12:04 AM
Andrew Gideon

Mike Rapoport wrote:

It is coming.Â*Â*Â*SinceÂ*TAWSÂ*isÂ*requiredÂ*byÂ*ADÂ*on Â*aÂ*lotÂ*ofÂ*aircraftÂ*this
March, they focused on certifying it initially.Â*Â*HopefullyÂ*terrainÂ*forÂ*the
430 will be out soon

What that nice person at Garmin told me, months ago, was that non-certified
terrain on the 430 was due a month after certified terrain on the 530. I
don't recall the details off hand, but both should have been out by now
according to the schedule at that time (late last year, I believe).

- Andrew

Old June 10th 05, 01:58 AM
Mike Rapoport

They were trying to certify them together but the FAA said no. Our tax
dollars at work.

Mike
MU-2

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Mike Rapoport wrote:

It is coming. Since TAWS is required by AD on a lot of aircraft this
March, they focused on certifying it initially. Hopefully terrain for the
430 will be out soon

What that nice person at Garmin told me, months ago, was that
non-certified
terrain on the 430 was due a month after certified terrain on the 530. I
don't recall the details off hand, but both should have been out by now
according to the schedule at that time (late last year, I believe).

- Andrew

Any inside story re 430/530 WAAS cert.? [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 0 May 20th 05 06:13 PM
Garmin GNS430 & WAAS Roy Page Owning 33 April 7th 05 04:02 AM
WAAS and Garmin 430/530 DoodyButch Owning 23 October 13th 03 04:06 AM
Terminology of New WAAS, VNAV, LPV approach types Tarver Engineering Instrument Flight Rules 2 August 5th 03 03:50 AM
Garmin Behind the Curve on WAAS GPS VNAV Approaches Richard Kaplan Instrument Flight Rules 24 July 18th 03 01:43 PM