Condor is exasperating

Old April 7th 20, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

Default Condor is exasperating

My difficulties with Condor may well be due to my using bootcamp into Windows 10 on my Mac. However,
I have copied a new landscape directory into the c:/Condor2/Landscapes directory and it is not presented for selection on the Tasks screen.

I also just purchased an additional glider (ASK-21) and I have not received it, as far as I can figure out, and I have been unable to find any FAQ or other assistance for this.

I am done.
Old April 7th 20, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 10:56:21 PM UTC-4, jp wrote:
My difficulties with Condor may well be due to my using bootcamp into Windows 10 on my Mac. However,
I have copied a new landscape directory into the c:/Condor2/Landscapes directory and it is not presented for selection on the Tasks screen.

I also just purchased an additional glider (ASK-21) and I have not received it, as far as I can figure out, and I have been unable to find any FAQ or other assistance for this.

I am done.

Is is a subdirectory in the Landscapes folder? Are you manually installing the landscapes?

There's a great install utility that really makes it much easier and you can set it up to put landscapes on a different drive without moving your application.

You can get the Condor Updater he
https://www.condor-club.eu/generic/2...ceneries_.html

Don't throw in the towel, yet. It takes everyone a few tries to get everything in the right place with a new install.

Paul A.

Old April 7th 20, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daniel Sazhin[_2_]

Howdy,

Condor has an extensive support network. See the options he

https://www.condorsoaring.com/help/

If you contact them directly, they are pretty responsive.

Feel free to contact me at my blog contact https://soaringeconomist.com/contact-info. If you have a simple problem I may be able to help you.

All the best,
Daniel
Old April 7th 20, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Suter

JP- when I unzip a scenery it often puts the folder with the scenery data inside a folder with exactly the same name. If you put this "folder within a folder" into your Landscape folder, Condor won't recognize the scenery. The fix is to just put the innermost folder into the Landscape folder.

When you purchase a glider you should have received an email with the license key for activating the glider. Choose the ASK-21 in the Hanger and there should be a button on the lower-right of the screen that says "Activate". Click it and a pop-up window should ask for the license key.

Good luck,
Larry
Old April 7th 20, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 10:56:21 PM UTC-4, jp wrote:
My difficulties with Condor may well be due to my using bootcamp into Windows 10 on my Mac. However,
I have copied a new landscape directory into the c:/Condor2/Landscapes directory and it is not presented for selection on the Tasks screen.

I also just purchased an additional glider (ASK-21) and I have not received it, as far as I can figure out, and I have been unable to find any FAQ or other assistance for this.

I am done.

Here;s a discussion about Macs and options to run Condor:

http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/...tcamp #unread

Old April 7th 20, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 4:56:21 AM UTC+2, jp wrote:

I also just purchased an additional glider (ASK-21) and I have not received it, as far as I can figure out, and I have been unable to find any FAQ or other assistance for this.

I am done.

When you buy an additional glider, you need to download and install the Hangar Update from the Condor website. It's on this page

https://www.condorsoaring.com/downloads-2/

This is described in a paragraph on the "Buy" page of the site.
Old April 7th 20, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 12:10:25 PM UTC-7, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 4:56:21 AM UTC+2, jp wrote:

I also just purchased an additional glider (ASK-21) and I have not received it, as far as I can figure out, and I have been unable to find any FAQ or other assistance for this.

I am done.

When you buy an additional glider, you need to download and install the Hangar Update from the Condor website. It's on this page

https://www.condorsoaring.com/downloads-2/

This is described in a paragraph on the "Buy" page of the site.

Yes, thank you Chris. I missed that on the "Buy" page. I have just increased the partition size of my BOOTCAMP partition and then downloaded the Hanger Update. After that I was able to select and then activate the ASK-21 glider I had purchased. Now if I just need to figure out why the landscape directory I copied to the C:\Condor2/Landscapes directory is not seen by Condor. I'll figure it out.

Old April 8th 20, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

On 4/7/2020 2:48 PM, jp wrote:
[...]

Hi Dan,

Just stupidity on my part. They should be the same.