Cell phone Aviation weather data

Old August 4th 05, 09:44 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Peter Duniho wrote:

Look at the message headers. They are clearly from different origins.
Almost certainly the apology was a hoax.

Talkabout uses Supernews, the other came directly from Supernews. Its
not unforseeable someone has access to either or both...

Since both hide the origin IP, claiming or disclaiming proves nothing...
Old August 4th 05, 09:49 PM
Peter Duniho

"Terry Briggs" wrote in message
Yeah, I see what you mean.

What's this guy done to generate such animosity?

What's he done lately? I wouldn't know.

Google Groups will show you all of his posts, if you're really interested.

Old August 4th 05, 10:34 PM
ORVAL FAIRAIRN

In article
outaviation.com,
"Skylune" wet the bed, grabbed an ear of
corn and oinked:

LOL: George Patterson wrote:

Skylune wrote:

I just want to apologize for being a horses-ass on this newsgroup and
promise not to repeat my childish antics in the future.

Amazing. Certainly accepted on my part.

George Patterson

LOL. Of course you realize that no apology was offered from the real
Skylune. Nothing to apologize for. I am an American, and can express my
opinions, just like you can.

He is STILL a horse's ass and intends to be one in the future!

Of course, unlike some of the Whackos in the group, I have not ever made
personal threats, have not threatened to break laws, and will never do so.
There are legal, political methods to rein in the abuses of certain GA
pilots. Sad that your industry will not police its own.....

The people in this group who make threats and brag about how easy it is to
violate FARs are psychos: scary how easily virtually anyone can get
his/her ticket. This newsgroup, I-Pilot, and others that I monitor
acknowledge that there are arrogant, marginally skilled, and some very
stupid pilots. And thats pilots talking about other pilots. The topic
covering the stupid pilot antics at Oshkosh is a good example.

Sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. All that coming
from a GA washout.

So, goodbye for now. I'm going to the Docket management system to
encourage an expansion of ADIZs to cover areas that I live in, near NYC
and Boston. There are also some EPA fuel handling violations at one of
the local airports near my summer home. I'll be giving the EPA's
northeast center a call so they can check it out. And, hopefully, fuel
prices will really sky-rocket to keep economic pressure on the industry.
Good luck.

I hope that EPA pays "Skylune" a visit and audits HIS procedures!
Old August 4th 05, 10:55 PM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:42:35 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
wrote in
::

I'd look at the poster IP data in the header

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain how Outlook and Outlook
Express users can view the message header fields.

Old August 5th 05, 12:32 AM
Darrel Toepfer

Terry Briggs wrote:

Do you mean it still could be him? Doing both posts?

If I'm not mistaken, signing up for TALKanything is slightly more
troublesome than Google Groups. They don't give a rats patoot about TOS
(Terms of Service) AUPs (Acceptable Use Policy) or Usenet Newsgroup
Charters either. ie. you can get away with just about anything you want
to do/say in a newsgroup, as they don't respond to complaints about
their users... Google at least shows the originating IP address...
Old August 5th 05, 02:46 AM
Peter Duniho

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
I'd look at the poster IP data in the header

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain how Outlook and Outlook
Express users can view the message header fields.

Haven't read news in Outlook. In Outlook Express, it's simply a matter of
choosing the "File/Properties..." menu item while the message is selected,
and then looking at the "Details" tab in that dialog.

For Outlook, you might have to use the "View/Options..." menu item instead;
that's where you'd find message headers for email messages anyway.

Interestingly, your NNTP-Posting-Host field has been obfuscated. Mine no
longer exists, nor do some other folks. It might be that Google isn't
stripping out the field, but rather Supernews is. Presumably they have some
other way of tracking the user; probably by the message ID.

I haven't looked for an IP address in a Usenet post in a long time. It
appears that over the past X years, there's been a shift in how those fields
are created. In particular, it appears to be very difficult to tell one
Supernews user from another, which is a shame since Supernews provides
Usenet NNTP service to a VERY large number of ISPs (including my own).

Pete

Old August 5th 05, 06:42 PM
George Patterson

Terry Briggs wrote:

What's this guy done to generate such animosity?

Imagine the feelings posters in rec.hunting would have to a PETA organizer
spouting off in their group.

George Patterson
Old August 5th 05, 06:49 PM
Gary Drescher

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Terry Briggs wrote:

What's this guy done to generate such animosity?

Imagine the feelings posters in rec.hunting would have to a PETA organizer
spouting off in their group.

Yes, but "spouting off" to people of opposing viewpoints is a crucial
element of democracy, however unwelcome it is to those opponents.

--Gary

Old August 5th 05, 07:00 PM
Jose

Yes, but "spouting off" to people of opposing viewpoints is a crucial
element of democracy, however unwelcome it is to those opponents.

No it isn't. Intellegent discourse is the crucial element, as is the
=freedom= to engage in it (which brings with it the freedom to spout off).

Important difference.

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.