interior shops?

Old October 26th 05, 11:38 PM
Jay Honeck

Default interior shops?

The previous owner of my Bonanza installed two premium sheepskin covers to
the pilot and copilot seats.

Having a few hundred hours on them now, I agree with you that these covers
do wear over time, but they are not sticky and I wouldn't classify the
surface as "velour-like." The wool is very comfortable, both cool in the
summer and warm in the winter. Most importantly, the wool does not stick
to one's butt and prevent repositioning.

Whoops, I didn't realize he was advocating sheepskin covers -- my bad. (I
was thinking just a wool seat upholstery...)

I had sheepskin seat covers on my Warrior seats, and they were great. They
look pretty ratty over time, though, and they hold dirt like nothing else --
but they're nice and toasty warm in the winter -- and not too hot in the
summer.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 2nd 05, 03:36 AM
Ray Andraka

Tim wrote:

I am thinking of refitting my Grumman cheetah with leather seat
surfaces and having new side panels installed. Can anyone recommend a
good and reasonably priced person or shop? Pics would also be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,

tim

tjurik at optonline net

if you want to send pics and not clutter this group.

I had my Six done last year with leather at Advantage Interiors, Donegal
Springs Airpark Mount Joy/Marrieta PA.
http://www.andraka.com/images/plane/DCP_2902.JPG
http://www.andraka.com/images/plane/DCP_2903.JPG
http://www.andraka.com/images/plane/DCP_2904.JPG
http://www.andraka.com/images/plane/DCP_2905.JPG
http://www.andraka.com/images/plane/DCP_2906.JPG
I'm very happy with the work, and the price was very good (~$8000)
considering 7 seats, front and rear baggage compartments,and all plastic
and metal trim covered with leather or headliner material.
1-800-890-2004. Flying tigers, which is co-located did the annual and
replaced all the glass while it was in for the interior. Jay at flying
tigers can probably get you a ride back when you drop off your plane (he
flys quite a bit of charter flights, so there's a good shot he'll be
going your way anyway).

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950