Remote oil filter follow up.

Old November 2nd 05, 01:29 AM
Michelle P

Default Remote oil filter follow up.

Well it has been several weeks since I have installed my Airwolf Remote
oil filter.
A few things the report:
If I had know what the final cost was going to be I would have just
replace my original cracked oil filter adapter. The total coast was
nearly $800. about $500 for two nicely machined pieces of metal and a
few fittings and the STC paperwork. the very nice "lifetime' hoses were
an additional $275 including shipping.
The oil temps are running about the same as they were before. They just
take longer to get there since I am pushing about 1/2 to 3/4 qt more
fluid through the system.

Michelle
Old November 2nd 05, 02:53 PM
Jay Honeck

If I had know what the final cost was going to be I would have just
replace my original cracked oil filter adapter. The total coast was
nearly $800.

Ah, but just wait till that first oil change -- no muss, no fuss!

That $800 will blissfully recede from your memory...as it always does with
aviation spending....

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 2nd 05, 09:32 PM
Jon Kraus

Would you feel better if you called it .8 AMU instead of $800. :-)

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

Old November 3rd 05, 09:41 PM
Michelle P

AH. Yeah THAT makes me feel better.
I am sure that I will like the ease or removal and installation.
I am coming up on my first oil change soon.
Michelle