Bose Headsets

Old June 13th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Bose Headsets

I just broke down and ordered a Bose Aviation Headset X. I have been
wanting one for several years but 1 AMU is a lot of cash for a
headset... Then I remembered how deaf I am becomming adnd thought that
this would be the best protection for my non-renewable hearing.

I already have a set of David Clarks H20 10XL's and they work great so
if the Bose work better than I'll be tickled pink.

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give
me a PIREP. Thanks!!

Jon Kraus
Old June 13th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jon Kraus wrote:

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and
give me a PIREP. Thanks!!

I've had a Bose X since 1999 and use it regularly - probably about 500
hours since I got them. Personally, I love them - they're light
weight, low profile (I fly a COZY MKIV, which doesn't have a lot of
headroom), and do a great job of reducing noise, while also having
great sound reproduction for listening to music while flying.

All that being said, the most important thing about headsets is that
they're comfortable, and the only way to know that is to try it out.
Head and ear sizes are different, and what might work great for one
person doesn't for another. Use the 30 day return policy to check
them out.

I just bought a "Clarity Aloft" in-the-ear headset for my wife, and
she likes them a LOT more than the Lightspeeds that she was using
before - she just didn't like something OVER her ears, but doesn't
mind something in them, because it weighs almost nothing. I'm the
other way round.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://www.cozybuilders.org/
Old June 13th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

My airplane partner has the Lightspeed Mach 1 headset that fits in your
ears similar to the Clarity Aloft and I can't hear what he is saying....
It is like the microphone doesn't work too good or something. His
regular Lightspeed 20XL headset I can hear him with no problem. Does the
Clarity Aloft seem to be pretty sturdy?

Jon

Old June 13th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Jon Kraus" wrote:

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give me
a PIREP. Thanks!!

I've had a Bose X for a year or so. I love it. It is notably superior in
every respect to the top-of-the-line Lightspeed and Telex headsets I used
before--they're for the pax, now.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old June 13th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jon Kraus wrote:

My airplane partner has the Lightspeed Mach 1 headset that fits in
your ears similar to the Clarity Aloft and I can't hear what he is
saying.... It is like the microphone doesn't work too good or
something. His regular Lightspeed 20XL headset I can hear him with
no problem. Does the Clarity Aloft seem to be pretty sturdy?

I don't know that "sturdy" is a word I'd use for it, but it's not
fragile. The microphone works just fine - I have no trouble
hearing/understanding my wife (no jokes, please) - it sounds just like
any other headset.

I'd guess there's something wrong with his headset, unless ATC says
they can hear him just fine. There might be some sort of mismatch
between the two headsets and the intercom system - that can happen too.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://www.cozybuilders.org/
Old June 13th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Thanks Dan... I am hoping that I won't be disappointed... Guess if I am
then I can return them under the 30 day try for free thing... You also
gotta love the no-interest-spread-the-pain-over-a-year deal they offer
too.... Heck I **** away $82 a month on BS stuff... I'll never miss it...

Old June 13th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
.. .
I just broke down and ordered a Bose Aviation Headset X. I have been
wanting one for several years but 1 AMU is a lot of cash for a headset...
Then I remembered how deaf I am becomming adnd thought that

Spelling is deteriorating, too :~)

this would be the best protection for my non-renewable hearing.

I already have a set of David Clarks H20 10XL's and they work great so if
the Bose work better than I'll be tickled pink.

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give me
a PIREP. Thanks!!

I've had mine for four years and can sum it up this way: Expensive. Worth
it. The clearest audio you'll find and perhaps the only headset that doesn't
make it feel that your head is in a vice.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old June 13th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jon,

My airplane partner has the Lightspeed Mach 1 headset that fits in your
ears similar to the Clarity Aloft and I can't hear what he is saying....

What intercom? That kind of symptom often indicates a sub-optimal intercom
system.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 13th 06, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Thanks Barry.. They are now in town and will be delivered today G

Jon

B A R R Y wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:11:27 GMT, Jon Kraus
wrote:

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give
me a PIREP. Thanks!!

I went through the same thought process, hemming and hawing.

You'll see how good they are... G

I can pretty much forget I'm wearing them, they're that comfortable.
The microphone is fantastically clear and the speaker sound quality
makes the radio much easier to understand. My DC's were a hot, heavy
head vise compared to the X.

You'll see... G

My co-owner made the mistake of trying mine vs. his Litespeed, now we
have matching headsets.

Bose active headsets Matt Johnson Piloting 0 November 22nd 05 08:38 AM
Bose active headsets Rip Piloting 1 November 14th 05 12:20 AM
Bose active headsets Mark Manes Piloting 0 November 13th 05 01:52 AM
Bose active headsets kontiki Piloting 0 November 13th 05 01:12 AM
My Bose headsets are shocking me! Peter R. Owning 5 February 17th 04 01:16 PM