Searching for specification info on Lord Mounts

Old February 24th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DonMorrisey

Default Searching for specification info on Lord Mounts

I am looking to get some specs, particularly dimensions of Lord Engine
Mounts, J-7402-1 and J-7402-5. I checked Lord's website but unless
I'm just not finding it, the info is not there and I tried calling
them but haven't gotten a return call. Does anyone know where to get
this info?

Thanks. Don..

Old February 27th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DonMorrisey

On Feb 23, 9:40 pm, "DonMorrisey" wrote:
I am looking to get some specs, particularly dimensions of Lord Engine
Mounts, J-7402-1 and J-7402-5. I checked Lord's website but unless
I'm just not finding it, the info is not there and I tried calling
them but haven't gotten a return call. Does anyone know where to get
this info?

Thanks. Don..

I thought I'd answer my own question in case anyone was looking in the
future for the same information. I got a return phone call from Lord
and they were very helpful. Basically all mounts of a particular
designation, like a J-7402, are the same size. The dash number at the
end, simply refers to a variation of the mount. For instance the
J-7402-1, which you can pick up on ebay (set of four for about $85)
requires that the dynafocal ring be modified with the addition of a
pin and a hole so the spacer, which is shaped like a bicycle pedal,
will fit properly. That must be why those are so cheap. I got the
dynafocal ring at Aircraft Spruce and their website recommended the
7402-5 for the mount but according to Lord that is a very hard bubber
and meant for aerobatics. He recommended a J7402-16 or J7402-24, with
the -24 being a very smooth starting mount because of how the spacer
is constructed. BTW I am installing a Lycoming O 235 L2C.

Don.