Check Six!

Old February 19th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Check Six!

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit it on
the Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/Pipper_burns.wmv

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 19th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit it on
the Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/Pipper_burns.wmv

Ron Wanttaja

Can you tighten up that new mount to where the lens takes pictures of
where you are going rather than swinging around bassakwards to where
you have been, Ron? :-)

Barnyard BOb - 1960's Fly Baby driver
Old February 19th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Ron Wanttaja says...

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit it on
the Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/Pipper_burns.wmv

Boy he sure snuck, sneaked , er sneakedid up on you good thing he was out of
ammo LOL!! Those new mini cameras are neat my kid put one on a RC model and
flew it around our yard during a party .He hooked it up to a TV and we got real
time video .Amazing the stuff that's out there. Guess it's time for me to join
the 20th Century and get me one of those new 8 track systems :-)

See ya

Chuck (did ya hear about calculators yet ) S

Old February 19th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 07:42:49 -0600, Barnyard BOb wrote:

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit it on
the Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/Pipper_burns.wmv

Ron Wanttaja

Can you tighten up that new mount to where the lens takes pictures of
where you are going rather than swinging around bassakwards to where
you have been, Ron? :-)

Now, now, Bob.... one can ask only so much for the cheap little tripod socket on
a $70 video camera. It only takes ~2 threads of a 1/4-20 bolt before it bottoms
out; I add safety wire and a tad of hunert-mile-an-hour tape just to be on the
safe side. I make one flight with the camera pointing aft, the next with the
camera facing forward, another with the thing on the tail facing forward, etc.

That's how I did this video, with an earlier, lower-resolution camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubDOG4E_pXs

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 19th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed Sullivan

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:40:58 -0800, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit it on
the Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/Pipper_burns.wmv

Ron Wanttaja

Ron, is that engine sound authentic, sounds more like prolonged
flatulence, haw!

Ed Sullivan
Old February 19th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Andy Asberry[_2_]

wrote:

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit it on
the Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/Pipper_burns.wmv

Ron Wanttaja

One of them new Cuisinart props?

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----
Old February 19th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

"Ron Wanttaja"

Writer
Director
Producer
Starring
Editor
Stunt Flying
Construction
Matt Painting
Best Boy
Key Grip
Catering

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit
it on the Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/Pipper_burns.wmv

Hmm? Released right before this Sunday's Academy Awards...

Coincidence? I think not!

Mont-fade-to-black
"So there."

Old February 20th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
That's how I did this video, with an earlier, lower-resolution camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubDOG4E_pXs

That's some weird compression artifact that causes that strange black
stripey stuff in the prop disk.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
So logically, if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and
Old February 20th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:58:52 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, said:
That's how I did this video, with an earlier, lower-resolution camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubDOG4E_pXs

That's some weird compression artifact that causes that strange black
stripey stuff in the prop disk.

Slow frame rate, I think. The camera that took the video on my original movie
is low resolution and only has about 10 frames per second. The new one is
nearly full NTSC resolution with 27 FPS. Same manufacturer, just ~2 years'
improvement in technology (the cameras both sold for about $90.

As Andy noted, even the new camera's sampling rate of the focal plane tends to
show the propeller of the Boredom Fighter as an arc. Certainly not as bad as
the rising/falling ~ of the old camera, but still noticeable.

I just too cheap to spend money for a real video camera, that's all. :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 20th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

Can you tighten up that new mount to where the lens takes pictures of
where you are going rather than swinging around bassakwards to where
you have been, Ron? :-)

Now, now, Bob.... one can ask only so much for the cheap little tripod socket on
a $70 video camera. It only takes ~2 threads of a 1/4-20 bolt before it bottoms
out; I add safety wire and a tad of hunert-mile-an-hour tape just to be on the
safe side. I make one flight with the camera pointing aft, the next with the
camera facing forward, another with the thing on the tail facing forward, etc.

That's how I did this video, with an earlier, lower-resolution camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubDOG4E_pXs

Ron Wanttaja

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

WoW, Ron....

YOUTUBE!!!

I knew you'd be famous one day! ;-)

P.S
Does the stirring audio contain a subliminal
nautical message rather than AERO-nautical?

I have this uncontrollable urge to march
down to the sea in a sailing ship.

Might even try my hand at whaling.....

- Barnyard BOb -

Check it out [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 November 30th 04 09:35 PM
Check this out! [email protected] Aerobatics 0 November 30th 04 12:58 AM
New Check Law Greg Butler Piloting 51 October 16th 04 12:18 AM
check it out berben2 Military Aviation 0 September 16th 04 01:26 AM
check it out berben2 Naval Aviation 0 September 16th 04 01:04 AM