Rabbi Urges Pig Fat on Buses to Stop Bombers

Old February 17th 04, 02:15 AM
Mike Marron

"Paul J. Adam" wrote:
Mike Marron write:

By definition, a terrorist is a coward.

Someone who is willing to die to achieve their goal may justly be called
many unpleasant names, but 'coward' doesn't really fit.

In and of itself, "willingness" ain't enough. It is the *manner* in
which terrorists are willing to die that makes them cowards.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with dealing with these people as they are,
not as we wish they we they may be homicidal, reckless of life and
murderous; but they are also willing, nay eager, to die to achieve their
goals.

See above. As I've quoted before, "A coward is incapable
of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave." [Ghandi]
Also Hemingway's Old Man & The Sea" and "Death In The Afternoon"
et. al. reminds us of the need to kill well...

I'm deeply unconvinced that a smear of lard will deter them where a
determined security effort (with death in failure the result of
detection) has already tried and failed.

Truth be known, I too am unconvinced that lard would work but as the
rabbi alluded, it's one of those "whaddya' got to lose" scenarios.

Old February 20th 04, 11:37 PM
Peter Kemp

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:03:40 GMT, Mike Marron
wrote:

(Krztalizer) wrote:

Why not have a central depository for the remains of suicide bombers, mixed in
with pig remains that are deemed unsuitable for human consumption? Spread the
mixture along the border for the ultimate in recycling. Suicide bombers could
be returned to their families in the form of "Lil Smokies" - perhaps that might
deter one or two of the freaks that think that killing a busload of civilians
to be a ticket to Allah.

'Lil Smokies -- most excellent idea! Or maybe Pork Rinds, which would
be even more humiliating given that Pork Rinds are George Bush Sr's
favorite snack food...

He's given up on pretzels then?

Peter Kemp