Primary nav source

Old December 3rd 05, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Primary nav source

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ham Sandwich

I can't comment on the legality but I would like to point out from a
historical perspective that the sandwich envisaged in the classic
Travis-Noel 1998 debate (which I believe was its first occurence on
rec.aviation.ifr) was in fact, tuna.

:-)

Julian

Old December 3rd 05, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I can't comment on the legality but I would like to point out from a
historical perspective that the sandwich envisaged in the classic
Travis-Noel 1998 debate (which I believe was its first occurence on
rec.aviation.ifr) was in fact, tuna.

If it was Charlie the Tuna, wouldn't it be a ham?

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.
Old December 3rd 05, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article ,
"Julian Scarfe" wrote:

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ham Sandwich

I can't comment on the legality but I would like to point out from a
historical perspective that the sandwich envisaged in the classic
Travis-Noel 1998 debate (which I believe was its first occurence on
rec.aviation.ifr) was in fact, tuna.

:-)

Julian

We used to use tuna, but then we discovered that the mercury content
interferes with the GPS signal.
Old December 3rd 05, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 10:20:32 -0500, Wizard of Draws
wrote:

... I guess I'm expecting logic from a government agency.

Ah -- there's your error sigh!!

"We're from the FAA, and we're not happy until you're not happy!"

Old December 6th 05, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:59:57 -0500, Wizard of Draws
wrote:

Enroute, I can't always be sure what would be considered my primary nav
source "from an FAA point of view" since I'm using more than one, that's
why I started this thread.

As I wrote, the FAA doesn't define "primary" in the PC/G and it's not
defined in 14 CFR 1.1.

If there is a need for you to have a definitive answer, you could try
writing the FAA Chief Counsel. But there may be no answer forthcoming
unless there is some operational reason to come up with one.

And, in the case of a non-commercial Part 91 small aircraft flight, such as
it seems you are describing, I don't see an operational reason to answer
that question.

The FAA doesn't need a regultion to set forth policy. The FAA policy
remains that VOR is the primary method for domestic en route IFR
navigation. This is related to the ICAO definitions of Class I and
Class II navigation.
Old December 20th 05, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Y'all,
Consider the latest out of date sectional
Gene Whitt

Old December 21st 05, 08:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:35:41 GMT, "Gene Whitt"
wrote:

Y'all,
Consider the latest out of date sectional

You have them that new?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Gene Whitt