A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LX NAV high def maps

Old June 19th 19, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default LX NAV high def maps

I had downloaded and installed the High Definition maps on a LX 9070. However by accident I deleted it. I reloaded, but I cannot seem to get it to display. The system is only showing CTV2 maps. So I loaded the high def maps again,
Again, same result no Hi def maps even though the high def is check on the map page, any ideas how to get system to display the high def?
Old June 20th 19, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Roberts
external usenet poster

Default LX NAV high def maps

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 9:55:51 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I had downloaded and installed the High Definition maps on a LX 9070. However by accident I deleted it. I reloaded, but I cannot seem to get it to display. The system is only showing CTV2 maps. So I loaded the high def maps again,
Again, same result no Hi def maps even though the high def is check on the map page, any ideas how to get system to display the high def?

I love the LXNAV instruments. However, the setup is complex. I assume you have the manual for version 7.06 from May 2019. Take a look at section 5.1..5.7 for MAPS, then be sure to take a look at section 5.1.6.1 regarding the Graphics section, Maps and Terrain.
You did not elaborate about your source of High Def maps. If the maps are raster maps, then you must check "show raster maps"

Hope that helps.