Thunderbird accidents

Old September 15th 03, 01:31 AM

Default Thunderbird accidents

I am looking for information on the following Thunderbird accidents. Any
information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

F-100D breakup at Laughlin AFB in 1967
Accident a Hill AFB in May (?) 1981
Diamond crash at Indian Springs in 1982

Old September 15th 03, 01:36 AM
Dudley Henriques

wrote in message
.. .
I am looking for information on the following Thunderbird accidents. Any
information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

F-100D breakup at Laughlin AFB in 1967
Accident a Hill AFB in May (?) 1981
Diamond crash at Indian Springs in 1982

Why do you seek this information?

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI
Retired

Old September 15th 03, 01:50 AM
Tex Houston

wrote in message
.. .
I am looking for information on the following Thunderbird accidents. Any
information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

F-100D breakup at Laughlin AFB in 1967
Accident a Hill AFB in May (?) 1981
Diamond crash at Indian Springs in 1982

Go to www.google.com and enter "Thunderbirds" "Accidents" "Indian Springs"

Go to www.google.com and enter "Thunderbirds" "Accidenys" "Laughlin"

See how simple life is?

Tex

Old September 15th 03, 01:56 AM
Mike Marron

"Tex Houston" wrote:

See how simple life is?

Pompous ****.

-Mike Marron
Old September 15th 03, 01:56 AM
Tex Houston

"Tex Houston" wrote in message

wrote in message
.. .
I am looking for information on the following Thunderbird accidents.

Any
information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

F-100D breakup at Laughlin AFB in 1967
Accident a Hill AFB in May (?) 1981
Diamond crash at Indian Springs in 1982

Go to www.google.com and enter "Thunderbirds" "Accidents" "Indian Springs"

Go to www.google.com and enter "Thunderbirds" "Accidenys" "Laughlin"

See how simple life is?

Tex

Sorry...the correct spelling is "Accidents" on the last entry. Wonder if my
spell checker disregards anything in quotes?

Tex

Old September 15th 03, 02:04 AM
Mike Marron

"Tex Houston" wrote:

Sorry...the correct spelling is "Accidents" on the last entry.

As if. As if anyone gives a ****.

Wonder if my spell checker disregards anything in quotes?

Pompous Texass ****.

-Mike Marron

Old September 15th 03, 02:08 AM
Hugh Jimancock

I saw Thunderbird #6 hit the dirt today at Mountain Home Air Force Base, in
Idaho. Pretty spectacular.

Pilot made it out OK.

It looked like he either lost engine, or had a flight control failure. He
was coming out of the first loop right after takeoff. Might have been coming
in too low too quick, but he punched out at 100', so I kinda doubt it was
that.

As an F-16 crew chief for 9 years, it was pretty shocking to see.

.. .

Old September 15th 03, 02:26 AM
Juvat

Hugh Jimancock posted:

I saw Thunderbird #6 hit the dirt today at Mountain Home Air Force Base, in
Idaho. Pretty spectacular.

That deserves a "wow!"

Pilot made it out OK.

Great news!

Might have been coming in too low too quick,
but he punched out at 100', so I kinda doubt it was
that.

Who knows at this point? Perhaps the jet was OK and he recognized he
wouldn't pull out, or thought he couldn't pull out...bottom line, he's
alive.

Juvat
Old September 15th 03, 02:29 AM
Thomas Schoene

"Hugh Jimancock" wrote in message

I saw Thunderbird #6 hit the dirt today at Mountain Home Air Force
Base, in Idaho. Pretty spectacular.

Pilot made it out OK.

A very short news article:

http://www.kbcitv.com/x5154.xml?Pare...394&Layo ut=K
BCI.xsl&AdGroupID=x5154

There is some video, but it doesn't show the crash, just the four-ship
takeoff and the aftermath of the #6 crash. All you can really see is a big
cloud of black smoke.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old September 15th 03, 02:31 AM
Juvat

Just as a follow up , there is home video of the TB Diamond takeoff,
and then the fireball (no image of the solo inflight) here from KBCI
Boise. http://tinyurl.com/nd1g

Juvat