The French oil connection

Old March 19th 04, 10:10 PM
Nemo l'ancien

Oh yeah. And we are happy enough to keep our way of life, our good food,
not the Mac do's one our cheeses and YOUR Wives...
Old March 19th 04, 10:17 PM
Jarg

"Nemo l'ancien" wrote in message

Oh yeah. And we are happy enough to keep our way of life, our good food,
not the Mac do's one our cheeses and YOUR Wives...

Actually funny you should say that since McDonalds is doing very well in
France. And most women run away from Frenchmen after catching one whiff -
your nation takes the fewest baths and changes it's underwear the least
frequently of any western nation!

Jarg

Old March 19th 04, 10:21 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"ArVa" wrote:

You really don't understand much (and know even less) if you still believe
that the oil was the French government's main motive... (though it certainly
was a concern).

Yeah - it was the cash payments to French politicians that was really
important, with future armaments sales ciming in a close second.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old March 19th 04, 10:24 PM
Nemo l'ancien

Et pan dans le baigneur...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. officials are exploring ways to
persuade Spain to keep its troops in Iraq, including the possibility
of a separate United Nations command to oversee international
forces.
Under that scenario, the U.S. military would continue to
lead its own soldiers, while troops from Spain and other countries
could be led by the United Nations, a State Department official
said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Old March 19th 04, 11:59 PM
Leslie Swartz

Kevin:

ArVa (and his ilk) are WRONG and they are simply using the
rationalizations of the "caught red handed." His main problem is that a lot
of the general american public knows it. Although John Kerry (and his ilk)
may not understand France's perfidy and the dishonorable behavior of it's
people, the John Kerry's of the wolrd DON'T MATTER in our system of
government (even when he does get elected).

Kerry won't wield the power that the corrupt ChIraq cronies would. Trying
to explain the truth to the French people at this point in time is futile .
.. . don't even *try* to confuse them with the facts.

Steve Swartz

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"ArVa" wrote in message
"Kevin Brooks" a écrit dans le message de
news

same source as WMD ?

Eh? Can't quite get the meaning of that fragment.

Brooks

You're not even trying...

Let's see...we have undisputed accounts of the oil deals between Total and
Iraq/Saddam (not to mention the acknowledged oil vouchers given to that
friend of Chirac's, as the gent in question confirmed himself), versus an
allegation apprently having something to do with intel assessments

regarding
WMD (which intel assessments were reportedly not being disputed at the

time
by major European intel agencies, including those of France IIRC). And the
connection between the two is...?

Brooks

Arva

Old March 20th 04, 02:12 AM
Grantland

"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

"Nemo l'ancien" wrote in message
Alan Minyard a écrit :

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:34:34 +0100, "Alex A"
wrote:

Kevin Brooks wrote:

"Nemo l'ancien" wrote in message

And the US does not have a very strange relation with oil producer
like SA?

Even when people of that country funded terrorism...

No, we don't have a relationship anything like that which France
apparently had with Saddam, as is becoming more clear with every
release of information regarding these "sweetheart deals" between
your companies and Saddam.

same source as WMD ?

Rgds
Alex

France betrayed all those that thought her a friend. WMDs may have
been an intelligence failure, but the Total/Elf deals were criminal
behavior. Your country is a shameless whore.

Al Minyard

Et toi, un parfait et stupide intoxiqué par les vapeur sdu pétrole de
BU****E

First, speak english; French is not exactly a major-demand language, and
based upon your recent national actions, it is growing less so. Secondly,
enough of the danged HTML posting--post in plain text, you ninnie.

Brooks

Keep sucking Jew cock, fat Amerikong pigslave. Keep up the deficits.
Oil is going Euro/yuan and we will topple your foul, stinking, rotted
Regime. Sell the dollar! DEATH TO AMERIKA!

Grantland

Old March 20th 04, 08:32 PM
Franck

Good exemple, in US you have Al Minyard and in France we have Grantland
))))

There are stupid men all over the world

Franck

Old March 21st 04, 09:51 PM
Alan Minyard

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:49:09 +0100, "ArVa" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

France betrayed all those that thought her a friend. WMDs may have
been an intelligence failure, but the Total/Elf deals were criminal
behavior. Your country is a shameless whore.

Al Minyard

What disturbs you so much? That the US were the only "major" country without
any contract (unlike Italy, Russia, the UK, China, the
Netherlands, ...) or that France was about to sign the biggest one?...

We were purchasing oil under the auspices of the UN "food for oil" plan,
not secretely undermining the plan with illegal and immoral deals.

You want to talk about moral? What about the fact that on the eve of last
year's war, the US were still the biggets purchaser of the Iraki oil?

See above

What
about Libya, where so many US businessmen gather nowadays, eager to exploit
the oil and gas reserves of this country that was once (not so long ago!) on
the "axis of evil" list? What about the dozens of US (and other countries)
citizens this regime has killed?...

That regime has allowed inspectors complete access to its nuclear program
and that program has been removed.

What about the business conducted in
several Central Asia countries, far from being democracies?

And France wants to sell AWACS tech to the Chinese?

You want another "oil scandal" involving Total ? Here's one : Total
exploits an oil field in Myanmar (Burma). We all know that this country's
regime is not a
model of democracy but I don't hear any American complaining about it.
Could it be because Total is associated 50/50 with a US company?...

Someone famous once said : "Let those who have never sinned throw the first
stones". I'm sorry but you don't qualify...

Arva

Well, since the disgusting, immoral, despicable government of france has chosen
to be the world's whore, I suppose that you would be an expert on sin.

Al Minyard
Old March 21st 04, 09:59 PM
pcg

What about the juicy contracts US oil companys were about to sign with

the
Taliban, during the summer before 9/11 ??? You know, the pipelines

through
Afghanistan.....

Oil pipelings through Afganistan ?

What's your source for that ?