contact terminology?

Old September 10th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike[_22_]

Default contact terminology?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Sam Spade writes:

You obviously don't understand how misinformation in aviation is one of
the weak links in the accident chain. Neither does the "simulator" jock.

Nobody learns to fly by reading USENET. No intelligent person ever
believes
what he reads on USENET without independent verification.

And, what a laugh to call that piece of **** game a simulator.

Few people with a correctly configured sim call it a game.

This is correct. A toy is far more descriptive. A game implies there's
something to win or lose.

Old September 10th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike[_22_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Dave S writes:

Yes... YOU did....

Where?

TCAS uses at least one directional antenna. It is this antenna that
provides
azimuth information, independently of any equipment ATC might have. The
directional characteristic required for the antenna provides very low
azimuth
resolution, which means that bearing information on the TCAS display is
only
approximately accurate, unless the equipment substantially exceeds the
minimum
requirements for the system.

This is more or less correct. TCAS is also inaccurate in range compared to
a ground based sensor.

Old September 10th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Viperdoc[_5_]

His inference is actually quite correct. You do not fly, have never flown,
and easily could have looked up how the various traffic alerting systems
work.
Yet, you make blanket unsubstantiated statements that are not based on
either knowledge or experience.
The responses that you elicit simply point out the fact that you are not a
pilot and have no knowledge or experience flying or working with avionics.

Old September 10th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Viperdoc[_5_]

Before we continue with Anthony, let's all remember that will never admit he
is incorrect or has made a misstatement. Bottom line is that he has never,
ever flown with TCAS, TIS, ADS-B, or for that matter a Narco Mark 12.

Rather than argue minor points, why bother since he has no experience with
any of these systems and wouldn't even know how to turn one on let alone use
it effectively or understand how they work.

Old September 10th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike[_22_]

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
Before we continue with Anthony, let's all remember that will never admit
he is incorrect or has made a misstatement. Bottom line is that he has
never, ever flown with TCAS, TIS, ADS-B, or for that matter a Narco Mark
12.

Rather than argue minor points, why bother since he has no experience with
any of these systems and wouldn't even know how to turn one on let alone
use it effectively or understand how they work.

Good question. I don't argue with him for that very reason. I suspect that
those who do have some burning need to feel like they have accomplished
something, but proving you have more experience than someone who has zero
experience is not much of an accomplishment in my book. Anthony doesn't nym
shift, so anyone who is annoyed can simply add him to their killfile. I
don't really care if anyone beats up on Anthony as he well deserves it for a
number of reasons, but justifying beating up on him by saying he's a hazard
to aviation is truly pathetic.

Old September 10th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Viperdoc

Agree completely, mostly I respond because he's an idiot.

Old September 10th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Mxsmanic wrote:
Sam Spade writes:

You obviously don't understand how misinformation in aviation is one of
the weak links in the accident chain. Neither does the "simulator" jock.

Nobody learns to fly by reading USENET. No intelligent person ever believes
what he reads on USENET without independent verification.

And, what a laugh to call that piece of **** game a simulator.

Few people with a correctly configured sim call it a game.

It is not possible to correctly configure that game to be a real
aviation simulator.

But, since you are only a simulated pilot, you just don't understand that.

Old September 10th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Mike wrote:

"Viperdoc" wrote in message

[...]

Sign me pathetic. I was trying to make a point (perhaps a bit too
strongly) about a jerk who speaks with such authority and who has zero
flying experience or credentials.
Old September 10th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike[_22_]

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

"Viperdoc" wrote in message

[...]

Be that as it may the problem with that approach is occassionally Anthony is
right. If you simply post a blanket statement that says Anthony is always
wrong, you might want to be sure that what he just posted was. Otherwise a
casual reader might question your knowledge, experience, and credibility
rather than his.