Time on my hands - two files attached

Old July 18th 07, 04:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

Default Time on my hands - two files attached

Attached are two files, an original black and white and a photoshopped
version of the same.

The building is the original terminal building at Fort Worth's municipal
airport, sometime in the late 1930s. It no longer exists. The airplanes
are era-specific and were added just for fun.

Conversion was made with Photoshop's "colorize" feature plus a few other
tricks.

All comments are welcomed - cheers, jeers or ho-hums.

Don

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MeachamTermGS.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	14291  Click image for larger version

Name:	MeachamTerm.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	14292
Old July 18th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear[_2_]

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

Attached are two files, an original black and white and a photoshopped
version of the same.

The building is the original terminal building at Fort Worth's
municipal airport, sometime in the late 1930s. It no longer exists.
The airplanes are era-specific and were added just for fun.

Conversion was made with Photoshop's "colorize" feature plus a few
other tricks.

All comments are welcomed - cheers, jeers or ho-hums.

Don

begin 666 MeachamTermGS.jpg

Attachment saved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\Xnews\MeachamTermGS.jpg `
end

begin 666 MeachamTerm.jpg

Attachment saved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\Xnews\MeachamTerm.jpg `
end

Nice work overall though the planes are an obvious paste up
But thats cool because it looks like the art work for a retro post card or
Old July 19th 07, 04:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

I agree with Clairbear about the great postcard look of the aircraft. The
colorization is very good. I particularly like the attention to detail of
colorizing the 2 windows you can see through the building.

Rob

--
Support www.HonorFlight.org
Show a Vet that you remember.

Old July 19th 07, 09:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

"Don Pyeatt" wrote (in part):

Attached are two files, an original black and white and a photoshopped
version of the same.

The building is the original terminal building at Fort Worth's municipal
airport, sometime in the late 1930s. It no longer exists. The airplanes
are era-specific and were added just for fun.

Conversion was made with Photoshop's "colorize" feature plus a few other
tricks.

All comments are welcomed - cheers, jeers or ho-hums.

Don

I suspect the tri-motor was photographed on the ground, otherwise the
full down elevator and left rudder with neutral aileron would make
life interesting ;-)

Mike

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
Old July 19th 07, 01:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Mike Mackenzie" wrote in message

I suspect the tri-motor was photographed on the ground, otherwise the
full down elevator and left rudder with neutral aileron would make
life interesting ;-)

Mike

Gee...I thought no one would notice. Here's the original.

Notice it is marked American Airways - the predecessor of American Airlines
which was founded in Fort Worth at Meacham Airport.

gdp

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trimotor.jpg