China threatens to sanction US over arms sales to Taiwan

Old January 30th 10, 09:44 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
David E. Powell

Default China threatens to sanction US over arms sales to Taiwan

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60T07W20100130

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60T07W20100130

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?
id=CNG.eba0f1f44dc56eaae2cdf53db03b2f4e.661&show_a rticle=1

This is a big move, especially as I haven't heard of anything uber
being sold to Taiwan. If it were Arleigh Burkes, F-22s, or High-End
AIP Submarines, maybe, but this is China pushing hard on, well, not
much.

If China is looking to scramble the US economy this could be part of
the reason. Though a war of sanctions would probably hurt China worse
than the US. Google seems ready to pull out of China over Chinese
gov't interference already and not be the worse for wear over it.
Old January 30th 10, 09:59 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
lil abner

David E. Powell wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60T07W20100130

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60T07W20100130

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?
id=CNG.eba0f1f44dc56eaae2cdf53db03b2f4e.661&show_a rticle=1

This is a big move, especially as I haven't heard of anything uber
being sold to Taiwan. If it were Arleigh Burkes, F-22s, or High-End
AIP Submarines, maybe, but this is China pushing hard on, well, not
much.

If China is looking to scramble the US economy this could be part of
the reason. Though a war of sanctions would probably hurt China worse
than the US. Google seems ready to pull out of China over Chinese
gov't interference already and not be the worse for wear over it.

Americans don't give a rat's hairy posterior what China does. Send
Taiwan 100 billion, in arms gratis.
The Global Merchants and Bankers are calling the shots though.
Old January 31st 10, 06:00 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
jkochko68

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...56eaae2cdf53db....

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?
id=CNG.eba0f1f44dc56eaae2cdf53db03b2f4e.661&show_a rticle=1

This is a big move, especially as I haven't heard of anything uber
being sold to Taiwan. If it were Arleigh Burkes, F-22s, or High-End
AIP Submarines, maybe, but this is China pushing hard on, well, not
much.

Which we should sell Taiwan as it is an independent country and it
would be far
better for the war to happen sooner rather than latter when China will
be even more
powerful and the U.S. may be less likely to intervene. Allowing
communists to subjugate
a thriving democracy would be a massive setback for the West and
embolden China to make
its next move in dominating the Far East.

If China is looking to scramble the US economy this could be part of
the reason. Though a war of sanctions would probably hurt China worse
than the US. Google seems ready to pull out of China over Chinese
gov't interference already and not be the worse for wear over it.

We should not be trading with China to the extent we are when our
southern neighbors are
far closer to us and poor. Lets build up the economy of Mexico through
trade and then we will
help accomplish several goals. Securing our southern border by way of
economic prosperity is just
one.

Old January 31st 10, 02:02 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Swallow

jkochko68 wrote:
{snip}

We should not be trading with China to the extent we are when our
southern neighbors are
far closer to us and poor. Lets build up the economy of Mexico through
trade and then we will
help accomplish several goals. Securing our southern border by way of
economic prosperity is just
one.

That is NAFTA and the economic zones near the US-Mexican border.

Andrew Swallow
Old January 31st 10, 02:20 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim Wilkins

{snip}

http://www.allbusiness.com/north-ame.../586564-1.html
Old January 31st 10, 07:14 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Swallow

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:02 am, Andrew Swallow wrote:
jkochko68 wrote:

{snip}

We should not be trading with China to the extent we are when our
southern neighbors are
far closer to us and poor. Lets build up the economy of Mexico through
trade and then we will
help accomplish several goals. Securing our southern border by way of
economic prosperity is just
one.

That is NAFTA and the economic zones near the US-Mexican border.

Andrew Swallow

http://www.allbusiness.com/north-ame.../586564-1.html

The Chinese have quality control problems as well. The Western
distribution firms had to set up quality systems, frequently using
Japanese methods.

Andrew Swallow
Old January 31st 10, 11:57 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
David E. Powell

On Jan 31, 1:00*am, jkochko68 wrote:
[...]

Agreed. We hav neglected them over the past two decades as China has
modernized. At one time they had a very modern force in comparison,
very specialized, with well trained pilots, sailors and soldiers. I do
not know of the training but their quality and modernity has been
allowed to slip and that is a huge mistake. If DC really wants to
avoid problems in that part of the world it is better to allow sale of
gear that will help stand off a problem from happening, it is a small
investment.

Especially as the tech economy that the US is so dependent on is
anchored firmly in Taiwan, where a HUGE percentage of the world's
electronic components are made.

If China is looking to scramble the US economy this could be part of
the reason. Though a war of sanctions would probably hurt China worse
than the US. Google seems ready to pull out of China over Chinese
gov't interference already and not be the worse for wear over it.

We should not be trading with China to the extent we are when our
southern neighbors are
far closer to us and poor. Lets build up the economy of Mexico through
trade and then we will
help accomplish several goals. Securing our southern border by way of
economic prosperity is just
one.

We are sort of doing that now, our people importing stuff from there,
but not the stuff we want and not funding the people there we would
want to fund.

There's more than one place to buy imports from, yeah. How about some
kind of trade plan involving Haiti and getting industry set up there
and in the Dominican Republic? Honduras and Colombia too.

Americans don't give a rat's hairy posterior what China does. Send
Taiwan 100 billion, in arms gratis.
The Global Merchants and Bankers are calling the shots though

Many of whom are western? Plus the tech industry is a huge component
of the world economy, only an insane person would want to throw that
off kilter.
Old February 1st 10, 12:49 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
lil abner

David E. Powell wrote:
[...]

China has played good poker. They are corralling us tighter and tighter.
They can/will be able to do as they well please.
It might be vital to you or us but not to Chinese Marxists. They can
stop the show or set the pace at any time they see fit. Mao is a prime
example.
If you think they cant' or won't you are foolish. The Chinese aren't
playing the game of global trade through global peace.
They intend to take Taiwan and would like nothing better than the US to
send a few war ships. Their current technology can reportedly take out
the fleets with marginal losses themselves. The Global Merchants are
playing their game. They don';t give a rat's hairy posterior about any
nation's sovereignty or security or the freedom of the people.
I suggest you get your nose out of the evening business report and smell
the brimstone.