Good Luck, Jim!

Old October 9th 03, 11:18 AM
Corrie

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message news:FdNgb.518822$Oz4.377326@rwcrnsc54...
"Richard Riley" wrote in message

Between Arnold and McClintock, Republicans got 60% of the votes.

Bad idea to assume that this was a vote for republicans. First of all,
Arnold is anything but a typical republican.

McClintock WAS a typical Republican, though. Factor in the folks who
wanted to vote for him but voted for Arnold as more electable, the
large turnout, and you might possibly be seeing a sea change in CA
politics. The Democratic party is imploding. Their 2004 strategy -
tax increases - was just repudiated.

Second, the whole issue was
about trying to do something about business as usual, not about putting a
republican in the governor's office.

If that's the case, why did Arianna and the porn star fare so poorly?

The real fun won't start tomorrow with Davis doing anything. The real fun
starts with the criminal cases generated by the sexual harassment and
assault cases. You think those 15 women are going to let the issue drop?
Don't think so.

Sure, the Dems are gonna backroll them all the way to court, just to
try to keep the new governor distracted. Of course, the judge will
throw them out one by one. Even Davis' "emergency" appointees will
have to do that when there's no credible evidence.

I'm also surprised that the media didn't seem to take note that

along with
the accusations of admiring Hitler there was a little known fact that didn't
get much media attention: Arnold's father was a brownshirt Nazi during WWII,
and he wasn't forced to wear the uniform.

And your point would be...? What did YOUR father do in the war? Does
that define who you are? B. F. D.

----

Jim -

Thanks for being a voice for GA!
Old October 9th 03, 06:57 PM
Juan Jimenez

"Corrie" wrote in message
om...

McClintock WAS a typical Republican, though.

And look how far he got. Nuff said.

If that's the case, why did Arianna and the porn star fare so poorly?

I'll leave that to your overactive imagination.

Sure, the Dems are gonna backroll them all the way to court...

They'll gravitate there on their own. Or do you assume that all women are
dems?

And your point would be...? What did YOUR father do in the war? Does
that define who you are? B. F. D.

It does when it turns out you were in agreement with his moral values.

Juan

Old October 9th 03, 06:58 PM
Juan Jimenez

I am impressed with what you did and how you came out in the results.
Congratulations.

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
news
My pleasure. I'd do it again tomorrow in a heartbeat.

Jim

Old October 9th 03, 07:06 PM
Bernie the Bunion

Jim Weir wrote:

My pleasure. I'd do it again tomorrow in a heartbeat.

Well Jim..... I'm sure it was quite the experience for you to
go through something like that, and I'm sure there are
a few people here who would be interested in your comments
as to what it was like.

I know all the ballots might not be counted, but out of
curiousity how many votes did you get.

Are you considering running for one of the state offices
in the next election.

LAST NITE...... On one of the talk shows a young man in his late
teens was being interviewed. He had run for some civic office
(mayor perhaps) and won the election ( I do believe ).

When asked how HE DID IT.... His response was that he
went door to door.

If you declared yourself as an candidate for a certain office in
the next election and spent some time working the phones,
doors, streets, etc., and kept in touch with your media contacts
that you have made, you just might be surprised at how often
you are contacted by the media on slow news days.

Locally, you have the advantage of having your feet wet,
coupled with some first hand knowledge of how the system works.

Don't be afraid to capitalize on that experience.

Up here in Canada I have had the interesting experience of being
a campaign manager on four federal elections over the years and
I can't stress the importance of declaring yourself early and
getting out and knocking on doors.

You don't need a platform, just be in a listening mode, asking your
future constituents what's on their minds.

Show serious interest now and you might be surprised at how many people
will remember you favourably as the person at their doors years, and
months before the election was called.

In any event, for you it was the exerience of a lifetime, something to
brag to the grandkids about.

But if you do want to get elected locally the best advice I could ever
give you is to buy a comfortable pair of walking shoes, go door to
door,
make media contacts and stay in touch with them.

I do believe that when Hillary Clinton was elected her first comments
were to remark on how many pantsuits and shoes she had worn out.

Nobody gave her a chance when she started the race and look where
she is today.
Old October 9th 03, 09:49 PM
Fitzair4

Well, Jim, Give you great credit for trying, Its easy to talk about it.
Going ahead and doing it takes a lots more personal will power.

How about running at the next election, for the President of the EAA!!!!!!!!!

Larry Fitzgerald
Old October 10th 03, 12:06 AM
Larry Smith

"Fitzair4" wrote in message
Well, Jim, Give you great credit for trying, Its easy to talk about it.
Going ahead and doing it takes a lots more personal will power.

How about running at the next election, for the President of the

EAA!!!!!!!!!

Larry Fitzgerald

I could have sworn I saw his campaign material at Oshkosh at some time in
the past. I'd vote for him.

Old October 10th 03, 12:40 AM
Barnyard BOb --

"Larry Smith"wrote:

How about running at the next election, for the President of the

EAA!!!!!!!!!

Larry Fitzgerald

I could have sworn I saw his campaign material at Oshkosh at some time in
the past. I'd vote for him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The ultimate kiss of death? g

Barnyard BOb --

Old October 10th 03, 01:56 AM
Corrie

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message .net...
"Corrie" wrote in message
om...

McClintock WAS a typical Republican, though.

And look how far he got. Nuff said.

A real conservative with a real conservative agenda got more votes
than an incumbent Democrat. Nuff said indeed.

If that's the case, why did Arianna and the porn star fare so poorly?

I'll leave that to your overactive imagination.

IOW, your argument (that this was only about changing
business-as-usual) is bogus, and you know it.

Sure, the Dems are gonna backroll them all the way to court...

They'll gravitate there on their own. Or do you assume that all women are
dems?

No, of course not. The really smart women are Republicans, because
they know that a conservative agenda is truly pro-woman. But it'll be
interesting to see whether these anonymous, 11th-hour smearmeisters
continue. Funny how you excoriate Arnold but excuse Slick Willy.

And your point would be...? What did YOUR father do in the war? Does
that define who you are? B. F. D.

It does when it turns out you were in agreement with his moral values.

Got proof? Or are you willing to be sued for LIBEL? Because that
statement is libelous, pure and simple. Put up or shut up, pendejo.
Old October 10th 03, 02:25 AM
Larry Smith

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

"Larry Smith"wrote:

How about running at the next election, for the President of the

EAA!!!!!!!!!

Larry Fitzgerald

I could have sworn I saw his campaign material at Oshkosh at some time in
the past. I'd vote for him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The ultimate kiss of death? g

Barnyard BOb --

Ah, yes, reminds me of GHW Bush's ambivalence when Klanster David Duke
endorsed him for prez.

OK, so I won't support him. I repudiate him. Does that help?

what's a good country for a homebuilt aircraft? Lukas Home Built 17 September 25th 03 06:53 PM
bulding a kitplane maybe Van's RV9A --- a good idea ????? Flightdeck Home Built 10 September 9th 03 07:20 PM
A Good Story Badwater Bill Home Built 15 September 3rd 03 03:00 PM
Good degreaser? Michael Horowitz Home Built 15 July 17th 03 05:49 PM
War Stories: Good degreaser? B2431 Home Built 1 July 16th 03 03:18 PM