AOA indicator pinout

Old October 16th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Default AOA indicator pinout

I need the pinout for ARK-10A/A24G-8 AOA indicator. Part number is
SLZ9421. Can anyone provide a source or the information?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 16th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

Interesting question. This AOA indicator reads out to +40 degrees and
AFIK no general aviation airfoil stalls at more than 16 degrees. Whatcha
usin' in on?

Bill Daniels

Old October 16th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

"Dan" wrote in message
I need the pinout for ARK-10A/A24G-8 AOA indicator. Part number is
SLZ9421. Can anyone provide a source or the information?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Mine reads to + 30º. I am finishing out an instrument panel for an
airplane I will never be able to afford to complete. My own design.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 16th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Dan" wrote

Mine reads to + 30º. I am finishing out an instrument panel for an
airplane I will never be able to afford to complete. My own design.

Hmmm, interesting.

Now that our curiosity is aroused, care to tell us more?

Planform, construction materials/methods, approximate performance
parameters, locomotion, how many places?

So many questions! ;-))
--
Jim in NC

Old October 16th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
"Dan" wrote

Mine reads to + 30º. I am finishing out an instrument panel for an
airplane I will never be able to afford to complete. My own design.

Hmmm, interesting.

Now that our curiosity is aroused, care to tell us more?

Planform, construction materials/methods, approximate performance
parameters, locomotion, how many places?

So many questions! ;-))

1/2 scale A-10, aluminum, Vne 350ish, range on internal fuel at 75%
approximately 400 miles, ducted fan (7,000 rpm-ish), 1 place. It started
as an mind exercise based on my headroom requirements not being
available in any homebuilt design plus A-10 being a rather neat
aircraft. I'm not going to build it because I will probably never get my
medical back, but I make sub assemblies for the fun of it. I have made
two main instrument panels for it, one IFR the other VFR. It's
occupational therapy

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 16th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Dan wrote:
Morgans wrote:

"Dan" wrote

[...]

I thought about building a cockpit simulator - for similar reasons.
Decided to go sailing instead.

But I certainly understand...

Richard
Old October 17th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Les Matheson

It may read to a number 40, but that is not degrees, it is units of AOA.

Units are relatable to Angle of Attack, but not equal to angle.

IIRC F-4 optimum turn was 16 units, not 16 degrees of AOA, buffet was 23
units. Pilots don't know degrees, they fly units. Test pilots and
engineers can tell you what the unit-angle relation is, but it isn't 1:1.

Les

. ..

Old October 17th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

cavelamb himself wrote:
Dan wrote:
Morgans wrote:

"Dan" wrote

[...]

Sailing has its advantages not the least of which is no FAA. I haven't
been sailing in decades, maybe I should build a boat instead.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 17th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

"Dan" wrote in message

1/2 scale A-10, aluminum, (snip)

Whew! Had to read that three times. I thought you said, "1/2 A scale . . ."
I envisioned a Cox .049. )

Rich S.

Old October 17th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Rich S. wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
1/2 scale A-10, aluminum, (snip)

Whew! Had to read that three times. I thought you said, "1/2 A scale . . ."
I envisioned a Cox .049. )

Rich S.

You know it's just a matter of time before someone builds a man
capable airplane powered by a huge number of TeeDee .049 engines.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Century Ic Pinout Grandmaster Owning 1 November 28th 06 03:18 PM
KR-21 pinout Tri-Pacer Piloting 0 September 9th 06 02:37 AM
Pinout for StormScope WX-900 epotenziani Products 0 August 22nd 05 08:32 PM
KAA 455 pinout Mike Rapoport Owning 0 February 28th 05 12:57 AM
RT-540A pinout help Billc851 Home Built 1 December 12th 04 04:27 PM