Komet trailer replacement rim

Old September 22nd 17, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Mockler

Default Komet trailer replacement rim

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement rim for my Komet trailer
in
the USA?
The rim is a 4 1/2" J 13 H2.

Dan

Old September 22nd 17, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

When I screwed up my cobra 13" rim I took it to discount and they found me a replacement for around 70 bucks. it didnt match exactly so I put the new tire on the spare and used the new rim for a spare.
Old September 23rd 17, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 10:45:07 PM UTC-6, Dan Mockler wrote:
At 18:50 22 September 2017, wrote:
When I screwed up my cobra 13" rim I took it to discount and they found

me
a replacement for around 70 bucks. it didnt match exactly so I put the

new
tire on the spare and used the new rim for a spare.

Tried, they could find a replacement with the right size wheel.
The lug spacing is the problem,100 mm.
Wells suggested a a site that list a 91-97 Ford aspire as having the right
wheel
size and lug pattern.

Maybe try below?

https://www.partsgeek.com

1994-1997 Ford Aspire Wheel - Action Crash STL03092U45
Review Fitment Notes to Ensure Proper Fit

Action Crash STL03092U45 Click to Enlarge
(Read reviews)
Product List Price:
$147.87
Our List Price:
$56.98
Quantity:
1

In Stock
Availability: (1) In Stock
Condition: Remanufactured
Quality: Platinum Plus - High quality standard for fit and finish similar to what OEM's require.
Shipping Options: Ground
Part Number: STL03092U45
Brand: Action Crash
Notes: STEEL WHEEL; 13 X 4.5; 8 SLOTS; 4 LUG; 100MM BP; IDENT K9965684530; BLACK
{If Applicable, Center Caps Are NOT Included}

Best. Tom #711.
Old September 23rd 17, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Mockler

At 05:32 23 September 2017, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
[...]

It really is amazing how much the searches miss.
Might be the search terms used but, I did not find any of these options

Thanks Tom
Dan

Old September 23rd 17, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 7:00:08 AM UTC-6, Dan Mockler wrote:
[...]

Try this link.

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/19...xle/wheel.html
Old September 22nd 17, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 9:30:07 AM UTC-5, Dan Mockler wrote:
Does anyone know where I might find a replacement rim for my Komet trailer
in
the USA?
The rim is a 4 1/2" J 13 H2.

Dan

Dan,
I used an automotive cross reference in the past. Looked up car make and model. Pulled one out of a car trunk in a junk yard.
Good as new for $15

You might be able to find them with the spinners still on

See if this link helps:
http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-r...#axzz4tRhChDZr

Wells
Old September 22nd 17, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wheaton

BMW rims work.