Glider cockpit size

Old November 28th 17, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

Default Glider cockpit size

Thought I was bad, having owned three ASW27s!
Anyone feeling a bit cramped in the 27 should look on the Yahoo ASW27 newsgroup for my seat back modification giving additional recline when using the rearward seat position.
Jim

Jim ,
Did you ever try a 28 panel in your 27? I have not flown with this mod but I sat in one once and the difference in leg room was noticeable.
Kirk

Old November 28th 17, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 10:12:15 AM UTC-8, K m wrote:

Thought I was bad, having owned three ASW27s!
Anyone feeling a bit cramped in the 27 should look on the Yahoo ASW27 newsgroup for my seat back modification giving additional recline when using the rearward seat position.
Jim

Jim ,
Did you ever try a 28 panel in your 27? I have not flown with this mod but I sat in one once and the difference in leg room was noticeable.
Kirk

A friend let me have a go in his ASW28 at Ely. Since the standard 27/29 panel is fine for me, don't remember the panel as much as the lack of aileron at the start of the takeoff roll!
But the 28 goes like mad when the stick is pushed forward.
That panel is a factory option in ASW27/G29, but the instrument panel housing must be modified to retrofit one.
Jim

Dg600 cockpit size [email protected] Soaring 2 September 21st 16 11:09 PM
Discus 2a cockpit size EdByars Soaring 1 March 18th 10 04:37 AM
Discus 2a cockpit size Stephen[_3_] Soaring 7 March 17th 10 06:57 PM
Cockpit size of Libelle? Kevin Morris Soaring 4 July 15th 04 11:32 PM